Hello from Oblivion!

Open to all topics
Stormkiss

Hello from Oblivion!

Post by Stormkiss »

Hey there,

Hope things are going well. Miss you guys... but not a lot:P

Actually I'm glad to have the MMRPG monkey off my back. If there was a "PAUSE" button for WOW, I'd probably still be there. I'm guessing you can't "PAUSE" Kalais though.

I'm drawing a lot more in my free time, and have been sucked into playing Oblivion.

Did FA jump to the PVP server? Hows AQ going?
Trelawna

Post by Trelawna »

Windy! We miss you. Glad to hear things are going so well for you. You'll have to share some of your drawings with us one day. FoH and n00bz left for the new server, but everyone else stayed (more or less).
adonshae

Post by adonshae »

Glad to hear from you dude! Post some your new stuff in the forums for us.
*In Star Trek I'm the ensign nobody knows in the landing party*

P.S.-I have no idea who this Xion person is.....
Kaeolla

Post by Kaeolla »

Windaria wrote: and have been sucked into playing Oblivion.
You and me both. I also got my roomate sucked into it. I also got sucked into the mods and added a ton of visualization tweaks. Now, I have to upgrade to 2 gigs of ram to play=P

I've always wanted to start a comic, but I totally suck at drawing. I've taken around 5 or 6 drawing classes and I'm still horrible.
http://ctprofiles.net/19528 - temporarly retired
Lebec

Post by Lebec »

My 3 year old can draw better than I can....
Rand

Post by Rand »

Hey Windy, hope all is well.

what do you guys think of oblivion i have it but my computers spec come no where close to the req and its way to slow and laggy for me to get an idea. Looks cool though
Killtacular

Post by Killtacular »

I have it for the 360 and it is probably the coolest game I have ever played. Puts WoW and everything else to shame as far as single player goes...if only it was an mmo heh.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I played it.. got bored of it fast. It's slower paced than most other RPG games.
Landis

Post by Landis »

It's probably very cool for the 360.

Anyway, I too got bored of it fast, as I don't feel the urge to dedicate enough time to really get into it (I've barely the time for WoW, and Oblivion is probably even more of a time sink at this point).

FA didn't go to the pvp server, but FoH and Noobz did.
Stormkiss

Post by Stormkiss »

Yeah Oblivion is not for everyone, it's different from most RPGs as the world is very open, and a lot of stuff is hidden. You really have to explore, and actually listen to the dialogue of the NPCs to learn things. No '!' for quests, a lot of the quests are hidden away and triggered off your reputation, class or other things you do. I've put about 50 hours each into 3 different characters and all 3 games played very differently.

The main quest alone apparently takes about 24 hours to finish, and there are hundreds more. The Dark Brotherhood (assasins) guild is hands down the best quest line, about 20 quests to do in that chain, with lots of suprise twists in the quest plot lines.

I've checked out the PC and 360 version. Both are very good, but on a top end computer, the PC version surpasses the 360 version in graphics and load times. PC version has the mod community support too, which is pretty fun.