Warlocks!

Open to all topics
Nightscape

Warlocks!

Post by Nightscape »

Hello my friendly weilder of the darker arts, former members of the Kirin Tor! For those who don't know, I have an alt Warlock who's at level 46 now. I had a few ideas for talent builds. I love the affliction tree, but I hate dark pact... I found a spec I thought very usefull for damage on Wowwiki:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=AA0bVRbkAZZxx0tr0z

This is what I currently plan to spec to once my deathly lock is at level60...
Wanted to know your thoughts :) Thanks.

-N

Edit: 100th post!!!!
(if you want me to draw your character for a forum siggy send me a mail in game)

Preest

Post by Preest »

Grats, you got yourself there the classic SM/Ruin build. Its a pretty damn good build for almost all situations, but the slow shadowbolt cast time can be a bitch in PVP. Other then that I love that build.

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Nightscape

Post by Nightscape »

Warlocks aren't my first class (obviously) So I don't know what's new old or blue. But none of the ultimates in any talent tree apeal to me much (Though I love the new one in BC for Affliction!). Seems solid though.
(if you want me to draw your character for a forum siggy send me a mail in game)

Atreu

Post by Atreu »

Like what Preest said, it's a classic SM/Ruin build. It's the best build for raiding warlocks IMO. I have pretty much the same build. It's a decent build in PvP specially in WSG where you can cast curse of exhaustion on flag runners.
Rejar

Post by Rejar »

SM/Ruin is solid for high dps in raids and pretty good for pvp. I would say a large percentage of level 60 locks are SM/Ruin.

However, many locks are 7/21/21 (+2) for general pve. You get Demonic Sacrifice in the Demonology tree and Ruin from the Destruction tree. For farming, you can sacrifice your Voidwalker for solid life regen. For raiding, you can sacrifice your succubus to get a +15% shadow dmg boost. Your dps can be higher than the +10% shadow dmg boost of Shadow Mastery. The downside is that your affliction spells do not have the same range as your destruction spells and you generally don't have your pet out.

I am currently specced for heavy destruction (8/9/34). It is really good for pvp and it can help you get atop the killing blows leaderboard. It's not horrible for raiding either as I have improved imp for the tank group, ruin for big crits, more health for raid survivability, and conflagrate to quickly kill things like web wrappings.

So my question to you: What do you plan on doing with your lock? The answer to that will help you decide on a spec.
Nightscape

Post by Nightscape »

I can't really imagine myself raiding with the Lock (since I'm raiding with you guys as my druid). I pvp with it a lot though, just cause it's nice to keep winning fights! I do go through a lot of instance runs however.

Rejar

Post by Rejar »

It sounds like you want SM/Ruin.

If you want to try a bursty build, you might consider Heavy Destruction once you are 60. It requires lots of mana/bread; I use Alterac Manna Biscuits. Those will replenish you quickly. I like the build because it allows one to crit Hordies for 3k with Soul Fire! :)
Nightscape

Post by Nightscape »

Thanks for the replies! (Just noticed that making this topic was my 100th post by the way, yippee).