The 'G' Word...

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
Ander

Post by Ander »

Zomybleep, the political thread is back!! I hereby vote to invade Canada and ninja their syrupz!!

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Ander wrote:Zomybleep, the political thread is back!! I hereby vote to invade Canada and ninja their syrupz!!

-Ander
But wait, first you guys have to FIND Canada on a map, and you don't have maps!
Beeker

Post by Beeker »

Americans have maps. We just don't teach the kids in school how to read them. So... the raid attack may be led by a battalion or so of octogenarians.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Dartagn wrote:Do you not remember that I am ex-military?
Precisely why I said what I did.
Vote Yes on No!
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Antilikos wrote:I absolutely disagree that enemy combatants deserve the same rights as a US citizen.
You might disagree, but constitutionally they do: Boumedeine v. Bush. Due process doesn't exist only to exact fair punishment on the guilty, it also exists to determine the party's guilt. We can't prove that people in GTMO were terrorists, yet we treated them as much. Not only is that morally reprehensible, its fucking idiotic to expect anything but increased anti-american sentiment from jailing/torturing other nation's citizens without due process.

I also find it kind of ironic that you would invoke the memory of the Nazis (of whom only the ringleaders were tried, not foot soldiers) to prove your point of justice, when their biggest noted crime is the unwarranted detainment and torture of innocent civilians.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

ascanius wrote:You might disagree, but constitutionally they do: Boumedeine v. Bush. Due process doesn't exist only to exact fair punishment on the guilty, it also exists to determine the party's guilt. We can't prove that people in GTMO were terrorists, yet we treated them as much. Not only is that morally reprehensible, its fucking idiotic to expect anything but increased anti-american sentiment from jailing/torturing other nation's citizens without due process.

I also find it kind of ironic that you would invoke the memory of the Nazis (of whom only the ringleaders were tried, not foot soldiers) to prove your point of justice, when their biggest noted crime is the unwarranted detainment and torture of innocent civilians.
Hehe, said it better than I could I suppose.

That, TSA, and copyright are three things that get me riled very quickly anymore. Surprisingly enough, the economy and health are are not. They are important, but I don't think anyone has the right answers, and I think the decisions for what will be done have already been made by the richer assholes in this country.
Call me Ron
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Dartagn wrote:Hehe, said it better than I could I suppose.

That, TSA, and copyright are three things that get me riled very quickly anymore. Surprisingly enough, the economy and health are are not. They are important, but I don't think anyone has the right answers, and I think the decisions for what will be done have already been made by the richer assholes in this country.
Sorry for stealing your thunder with my ineloquently put moral indignation, but combine a lack of sleep, work frustration, Nazis, torture, with a lack of exercise and you get me looking for someplace to vent. Sucks for you guys.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

ascanius wrote:Sorry for stealing your thunder with my ineloquently put moral indignation, but combine a lack of sleep, work frustration, Nazis, torture, with a lack of exercise and you get me looking for someplace to vent. Sucks for you guys.
I was wondering as I typed how long it would take you to hop in haha.
Call me Ron
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Has there ever been a war where we released enemy combatants or even tried enemy soldiers before the end of conflict? I'm sure all of those Yemeni tourists were just over there sunning themselves after their "adventure training". I'm also sure you're right that cases against them wouldn't stand up in our civilian courts and they should just be let go to work further jihad. I still disagree that the world would be a better place if that were to be done.

I completely disagree with mistreatment of detainees, but I also completely disagree that in a war you should hold to the same standards of law as you would see in a civil court. It just doesn't make sense that you would have lawyers and investigators out in the field of battle able to gather anything that would resemble proper evidence in our civil legal system.
Vote Yes on No!
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

Atelo wrote:But wait, first you guys have to FIND Canada on a map, and you don't have maps!
yeah they will end up invading Alaska instead haha.
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.