Razer Switchblade

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
shadowrage

Razer Switchblade

Post by shadowrage »

I saw this and i thought it was pretty cool it was shown this year are CES, and in case you have problems playing enough WoW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQ0Anlf ... r_embedded
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Erico

Post by Erico »

Holy shit I want it
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

Force choking the shit out of bitches!
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Cool idea but why an Atom? Atom's can't play games. I'd be surprised if it could get a playable framerate in WoW at all let alone a shooter game.
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Depends on the version of the atom how underpowered it would be, but they're talking it'll replace the keyboard of your PC for the higher requirements games out there.
And gone.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

godpigeon wrote:Depends on the version of the atom how underpowered it would be, but they're talking it'll replace the keyboard of your PC for the higher requirements games out there.
All Atom processors are underpowered, that's the point. Even the dual core ones are sloooowwww. They sacrifice performance for low power consumption and longer battery life.

The Atom D510 is probably the best one currently available. There is the D525 but I haven't seen it anywhere. This processor is slower than the slowest currently available Celeron processor (budget desktop cpu). It's MAYBE the same speed as the CPU I have in my 10 year old Laptop, an Athlon XP 1800+. That laptop was capable of running Vanilla WoW (barely, at about 5-10fps) but can not run it anymore.

Just go here for benchmarks. Scroll to the very bottom for all Atom CPUs:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2
fritter

Post by fritter »

still a cool idea though
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

My problem is that I have more buttons on my action bars than they have keys on their keyboard.

I can just see myself in a raid frantically searching for a button that's been mapped to, say, the > key. Or trying to read tiiiiiiiny print on its little screen.

Kilt: "WTF? No heals?"

Switchblade user: "Have we pulled yet?"
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

You missed that the keys themselves become the icons for the abilities, and they light up like the ones on the screen.

Downside is that people will be standing in fire even more with that looking at the keyboard instead of the screen.
And gone.
Bees

Post by Bees »

even my shitty laptop scores 172 on that benchmark. something less than a third the power of my machine is doomed

everyone remember the $1000 keyboard with individual displays on the keys? reminds me of that
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

So i guess this is what the final version is going to be. Its called the Razor Blade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAj8UszMxwA
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.