must see site for music lovers

Open to all topics
Boryn

must see site for music lovers

Post by Boryn »

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html is a really cool site if your into or want to know more about the "techno" realm and all the different types it has sprung out into. I know Gunn is a big fan of techno and im sure many of you are also. tell me what you think.
Riving

Post by Riving »

This site is pretty amazing. The only thing that I would change is the fact that the whole Industrial gengre belongs more under Techno. Although it is pretty amazing. Wish they also had like gengre leaders. For example Industrial Rock is basically attributed to Trent Razor, which in my opinion is complete Bullshit. KMFDM and SkinnyPuppy are responsible for that. Hell they started Industrial/Techno in my opinion. All current EBM/Techno/Industrial Bands stem from those 2. But barring those things its an awesome site thanks for that link
Trelawna

Post by Trelawna »

I like it, but my laptop won't run it while I'm playing WoW. :-(
Akula

Post by Akula »

The only thing I don't like about this is the guys apparent hatred for trance music! ie: "this is the crappiest type" or "makes me sick" LoL
Gunn

Post by Gunn »

I liked the site it was a fairly good description and its a good way for people to get the feel for this genre of music. Like boryn said im a big fan of this genre. I think that they cover almost every type of music. Industrial is actualy not covered by techno because it was not inspired by the same electronica music scene in the very late 70's and early 80's. It takes its roots in the german club scene in the mid 80's.
Riving

Post by Riving »

I dont know. I mean I understand about the german club scene and whatnot but I consider the real start of Industrial back in the days of Seattle, where KMFDM made there first America appearance. Yes they did form originally in germany, but at that time the german club scene was 1 small club in Frankfurt. Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Skinny Puppy, I mean all those bands I think originated Industrial, and to place them under trance I dont think is in the right category
Punji

Post by Punji »

good news... I found a USB turntable.. so I get to start sharing my Vynil with you gunn!
Gunn

Post by Gunn »

Yay does that mean i have to pull out the wax also.
Punji

Post by Punji »

hahaaa hell yeah!

Sigh... I miss my MK2's....

btw wiccked site boryn.. thank you.. i am now forwarding the information to the uninformed.
Astal

Post by Astal »

Freakin' amazing, I love all forms of techno. Now I get to go through each one of these songs and download them. Yaarrr.