Quitting

Open to all topics
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Ahh too bad. They're missing out on a good hunter!

Why'd you quit?
Karmond

Post by Karmond »

Atelo wrote:Ahh too bad. They're missing out on a good hunter!

Why'd you quit?
Oh numerous reasons, the game wasn't fun anymore, difficulties with the guild leadership, computer troubles, and even some attendance troubles with the 600+ queues every night.
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

Karmond wrote:Oh numerous reasons, the game wasn't fun anymore, difficulties with the guild leadership, computer troubles, and even some attendance troubles with the 600+ queues every night.

Queues? Wow I don't miss those days!
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Karmond wrote:Yeah I saw that, pity I won't be around to try it out but it looked pretty nice. The only bad thing I saw for such a spec was the move of Hawk Eye to the survival tree. But whether that plays a large part in BC I dunno.

Hi all.
Beast Spec

White DPS

With non-cooldown and short-cooldown abilities (lightning breath, serpent sting, hunter's mark, arcane shot, multi-shot) our combined DPS will hit 500 unbuffed at level 61 (hunter), and 60 (pet). With long-cooldown abilities (Beastial Wrath / Beast Within, Rapid Fire) our combined DPS will top 750-800 unbuffed. I don't know if you can even count 2 minutes as a long cooldown, but those are the rough numbers.
Karmond

Post by Karmond »

Sentinel wrote:With non-cooldown and short-cooldown abilities (lightning breath, serpent sting, hunter's mark, arcane shot, multi-shot) our combined DPS will hit 500 unbuffed at level 61 (hunter), and 60 (pet). With long-cooldown abilities (Beastial Wrath / Beast Within, Rapid Fire) our combined DPS will top 750-800 unbuffed. I don't know if you can even count 2 minutes as a long cooldown, but those are the rough numbers.
I used a Cat with my Hunter, not sure if there's alot of difference over a Wind Serpent. But unless they've nerfed it in BC (I haven't checked), cats can hit faster and as such get more use out of Frenzy & Ferocious Inspiration.

That's a interesting spec there, I didn't spend too long looking at the new talents but some of my first thoughts were that having 5 points in Frenzy was pointless if you were to invest in Serpent's Swiftness. The reason being was that the pet would already be attacking so often and landing crits so much that it would probably retain a Frenzied state even if it wasn't 100% chance per crit. However I haven't done any maths to check.

Also Beastial Discipline never seemed very useful to me. Even though it's an improvement over what the talent currently does, an extra 10 focus every 2 seconds doesn't seem like much. If you're planning on going down the Marksmanship tree you might want to put points into Go for the Throat instead. As long as you get a critical strike on average more often that once every 10 seconds Go for the Throat gives you more for your talent points.

In Addition, Endurance Training > Thick Hide IMO. :)

What do you think?
Brianore

Post by Brianore »

Guys this thread was supposed to be about Andelle! (I supprised he hasn't come back to redeirect it)! :p

Hi Karm :)
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

My thoughts
Karmond wrote:I used a Cat with my Hunter, not sure if there's alot of difference over a Wind Serpent. But unless they've nerfed it in BC (I haven't checked), cats can hit faster and as such get more use out of Frenzy & Ferocious Inspiration.
I've been playing with lightning breath since it's not mitigated by armor. In beta right now lightning breath crits can proc Ferocious Inspiration as well. So far in the 5-man instances, equal level mobs (as well as bosses) aren't significantly resisting the breath, except in special cases where a boss is designed to resist nature or magic in general.
Karmond wrote:That's a interesting spec there, I didn't spend too long looking at the new talents but some of my first thoughts were that having 5 points in Frenzy was pointless if you were to invest in Serpent's Swiftness. The reason being was that the pet would already be attacking so often and landing crits so much that it would probably retain a Frenzied state even if it wasn't 100% chance per crit. However I haven't done any maths to check.
I'm not sure how many points the serpent would need to sustain Frenzy, but my thinking is that, for levelling and 5-man instances, fights are going to be measured in seconds rather than minutes, so getting it going as quickly as possible will be more productive.
Karmond wrote:Also Beastial Discipline never seemed very useful to me. Even though it's an improvement over what the talent currently does, an extra 10 focus every 2 seconds doesn't seem like much. If you're planning on going down the Marksmanship tree you might want to put points into Go for the Throat instead. As long as you get a critical strike on average more often that once every 10 seconds Go for the Throat gives you more for your talent points.
I picked up both talents since I'm aiming to take full advantage of the lightning. I need to keep growls going to hold off me as well. Going with 24 focus per 5 seconds, 30 seconds of Beastial Discipline is worth 144 extra focus, and growl is on a 5-second cooldown at 15 focus cost. So, in that time I'm spending 90 focus on growl with 54 left over. That's 1.08 casts of lightning breath every 30 seconds, or 3.816 DPS. I dunno if I can find another talent somewhere in BM that could get me more, unless I upped Ferocious Inspiration from 2/3 to 3/3. I don't feel like tackling that math right now since I don't even know my pet's crit chance offhand. :p
Karmond wrote:In Addition, Endurance Training > Thick Hide IMO. :)

What do you think?
That might be a better idea, I'm not sure. I needed to spend 3 points to advance tiers. In BC my serpent can hold agro against me doing full damage, and, though I haven't run math to check, I'm guessing that 30% armor surpasses 6% health for tanking in a general sense, sampling both magic damage mobs and physical damage mobs over a period of time.