Photo Corner

Open to all topics
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

I'm bored, so I'm going to ruin the 'Where's Waldo?' type fun for everyone.

Ameerah

Post by Ameerah »

Wow, yeah I can imagine you guys felt like camping up the top once you got there. Still, it looks fantastic. I've heard rubbing citrus peel on your skin will keep mozzies away, however I personally haven't tried it :P
Ander

Post by Ander »

Ameerah wrote: I've heard rubbing citrus peel on your skin will keep mozzies away, however I personally haven't tried it :P
Mozzies? Do the Australians have cute slang terms for everything? Lol!

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Ameerah

Post by Ameerah »

Ander wrote:Mozzies? Do the Australians have cute slang terms for everything? Lol!

-Ander
Absolutely :) Atelo started to make a list many moons ago, but he was inundated with so many he quit!
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Ander wrote:Mozzies? Do the Australians have cute slang terms for everything? Lol!

-Ander
The one she said today was "bitumen" (pronounced bitch-a-men). Which is Asphalt (pavement).
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

After a brief visit to Sydney I'm convinced that there aren't any ugly or rude Australians.

It has citrus oil in it (as well as some other anti-insect oils), and doesn't use DEET (I refuse to coat myself in a toxic substance). It works fine for an hour or so of lounging, but the stuff just can't handle profuse sweating for more than 20 minutes. It does smells great though, and almost hides the smell of not showering for a couple of high activity days.

I would have loved to spend the night at the summit, but the hassle of wilderness permits or a bear canister wasn't worth it. That and sharing a bivy sack is fun until its time to actually sleep.
Ameerah

Post by Ameerah »

ascanius wrote:After a brief visit to Sydney I'm convinced that there aren't any ugly or rude Australians.

It has citrus oil in it (as well as some other anti-insect oils), and doesn't use DEET (I refuse to coat myself in a toxic substance). It works fine for an hour or so of lounging, but the stuff just can't handle profuse sweating for more than 20 minutes. It does smells great though, and almost hides the smell of not showering for a couple of high activity days.

I would have loved to spend the night at the summit, but the hassle of wilderness permits or a bear canister wasn't worth it. That and sharing a bivy sack is fun until its time to actually sleep.
Clearly you didn't stay long enough in Sydney! haha, as much as I'd like to say we aren't rude, Australians are the same as any other country. We have our share of buttheads.

Maybe you should invent a citrus oil bug spray that WILL stay on, you could be a millionaire, not to mention how happy your gf would probably be :)
Beastshifter

Hawaii pics

Post by Beastshifter »

Hawaii Sunset

Black Sand Beach The Road to Hana, Hawaii.
-----------------------
I beta tested your Mom.
-----------------------
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Love the pics beast. Man do I want to go back to Maui. Those roads were fun to drive and crazy twisty. I want to go back and photograph all the single lane bridges, for some reason I really fell in love with em.

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Beastshifter

Post by Beastshifter »

Well thank you T. and yes the streets are crazy fun to drive. Here is one of those bridges for you.

-----------------------
I beta tested your Mom.
-----------------------