what buff/debuff mods do people use now a days?

Open to all topics
xion

what buff/debuff mods do people use now a days?

Post by xion »

i have been using ebb for a while now but its starting to get outdated for me and in the way of some other thing just curious what other ppl are using.
Desari

Post by Desari »

xion wrote:i have been using ebb for a while now but its starting to get outdated for me and in the way of some other thing just curious what other ppl are using.
When you say "outdated", do you mean you're having issues with updating it and it's causing LUA errors? Or did you mean "outdated" as in "it's starting to look like Vanilla WoW, I might as well jsut use the default buff/debuff indicators"? If you meant the former, I haven't come across any issues with ElkanoBuff thus far. Suffice it to say, I've been pretty comfortable with it that I don't think I'd be changing to another buff indicator.

As far as applying buff go, I use PallyPower (of which I wished more Paladins use; or at least make it a manditory Paladin mod in order for them to raid) and I use ZOMGBuffs for my Druid and (currently lowly Mage).
:+: Dez :+:

xion

Post by xion »

outdated as in i have had it too long and also i get too many buffs so it gets in the way of my heal bot...plus i'm always looking for something new
hachi

Post by hachi »

I think you can filter the mods on elks... I dont use it. I use the normal buff display for long lasting buffs from dominos in conjunction with bars (classtimers for dk/rogue power bars for rogue) to show the short duration buffs/diseases/procs.
Bees

Post by Bees »

<3 PallyPower. every paladin should have this
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

I had it a year ago and hated pallypower. Swore I'd never get it again. But it's really as god mode as you all say I might be convinced...

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
xion

Post by xion »

well i have pally power but i am looking for mods like punji showed something to show the buffs i have and debuffs
Isbeth

Post by Isbeth »

Tahiti wrote:I had it a year ago and hated pallypower. Swore I'd never get it again. But it's really as god mode as you all say I might be convinced...

<3 T
I've had pally power.. I don't see how difficult it is to keep an eye on who need fresh buffs.. except for Bees who will let you know when he's got 10 sec left on Kings.. I've never really had too much problem keeping buffs fresh on ppls in raid.

Supposed to help with assigning buffs... we don't raid 40s anymore and the raids I've been in only have between 1-4 paladins attending.. not too tough to coordinate who does what.. I always thot Pallypower was silly, can you tell I still think that way?

*don't think it's a mod but a blizz thing.. if I need to know how much time is left on a buff I've given, I can mouse over it and it'll tell me.

For healing, I use Clique and bind my heals with it. Grid tells me who's in range, who needs heals and cleanses. I've also set my grid to show me who's got beacon on so I can keep an eye on that too.

To see the list of buffs I have I use CT_BuffMod. I can move my buffs/debuffs around and chose which buffs I care to be see, duration, etc.
Mihito

Post by Mihito »

xion wrote:outdated as in i have had it too long and also i get too many buffs so it gets in the way of my heal bot...plus i'm always looking for something new
You can change the color, adjust the length and height of the bars and even overall scale if need be so that they don't run all the way down your screen.

I use EBB and I love it, it's the best buff mod out there in my opinion. Here's a screenshot.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c114/ ... 213206.jpg

Mateo
Desari

Post by Desari »

Isbeth wrote:I've had pally power.. I don't see how difficult it is to keep an eye on who need fresh buffs.. except for Bees who will let you know when he's got 10 sec left on Kings.. I've never really had too much problem keeping buffs fresh on ppls in raid.

Supposed to help with assigning buffs... we don't raid 40s anymore and the raids I've been in only have between 1-4 paladins attending.. not too tough to coordinate who does what.. I always thot Pallypower was silly, can you tell I still think that way?

*don't think it's a mod but a blizz thing.. if I need to know how much time is left on a buff I've given, I can mouse over it and it'll tell me.

For healing, I use Clique and bind my heals with it. Grid tells me who's in range, who needs heals and cleanses. I've also set my grid to show me who's got beacon on so I can keep an eye on that too.

To see the list of buffs I have I use CT_BuffMod. I can move my buffs/debuffs around and chose which buffs I care to be see, duration, etc.
I don't see how a mod that makes buffing much simpler then it already is silly. Although we don't do 40-mans anymore nor is the paladin buffs as extensive as it was pre-TBC, PallyPower still makes for a useful mod. I use PallyPowerInfo on my non-Paladin toons so I can see who to hassle for specific buffs (provided they use PallyPower).

Sure there's usually more then one Paladin, but really, when is there a time when we'll have one or two people say "I'm missing <insert Paladin Buff here>" and all the Paladins will announce in Raid Chat "I'm on <some other Paladin Buff>".
With PallyPower, jsut have a Paladin as assist, have them assign Paladin buffs via PallyPower and all the paladins just click-click-click. Moreover, it allows the assignment of Auras and such. Seriously, silly? Besides, PallyPower displays which Paladin has the improved Buff/Aura so you can take advantage of them (honestly, does it make sense to have a Ret paladin with Imp.Might buff Wisdom and a Holy paladin buff (non-improved) Might? Still a silly mod?

I guess if making buff co-oordination (or any kind of co-ordination, by which this guild is known to fail at on an epic scale), as simple as possible, then I guess. /shrug
:+: Dez :+: