I need help.

Open to all topics
Bilopdop

I need help.

Post by Bilopdop »

So I start up WoW and everything is going fine...log on to a different character and everything starts lagging horribly...I try to exit the game and I get a blue screen.

I hear those blue screens are really bad. After shutting down my computer and starting it back up everything is running fine...except WoW.

Is it due to the Blue Screen? The entire game runs extremely slow and laggy...even the log in screen.

I re-installed WoW and it still runs slow and laggy...

Even if that has nothing to do with the blue screen...that is still bad, right?

Any advise?
d(º_º; )
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Got the latest video drivers? Made any changes (hardware or software) to your system lately?
Call me Ron
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

if you've not defragged in a while.. it could be different data files and one is fragged to hell... i know i've seen slowness if i've not cleaned up my HD in a while.
And gone.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Fragmented files wouldn't normally happen suddenly and extremely during a game. My guess would be a bad sector on the hard drive or something like that. See if the game lags in a different zone than where it started. Try going to IF and Shatt.

Also try another 3d game and see if it lags.
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

Get a Mac.
/runs and hides
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Reinstall of Windows 95

(or check your video card for blown capacitors)
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Atelo wrote:Fragmented files wouldn't normally happen suddenly and extremely during a game. My guess would be a bad sector on the hard drive or something like that. See if the game lags in a different zone than where it started. Try going to IF and Shatt.

Also try another 3d game and see if it lags.
Each "world" uses different data files if what I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing file-wise.

so he could be trying to load a heavily fragmented file.. or his free space is shot to hell. He'd see what he described if it was northrend vs outlands.. vs oldworld.
And gone.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Pidgey, he was saying it worked fine, then suddenly started lagging. Files do not fragment themselves at random.
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

Eadres wrote:Get a Mac.
Okay, ordered one. Hopefully it helps.

Atelo wrote:Also try another 3d game and see if it lags.
Those lag too...

pezcore wrote:(or check your video card for blown capacitors)
Since all my games lag...could this be the problem? or just video card related in general?

EDIT: I just switched the VGA cable from the DVI port to the other VGA plug on the back of the computer and it seems to work fine(Although I have to lower the settings), so I am guessing it is the graphics card.
d(º_º; )