Since WoW is down...

Open to all topics
Bilopdop

Since WoW is down...

Post by Bilopdop »

More people are likely to read and help me with yet another problem I have run into...

So I have Trend Micro Internet Security on my computer and for some reason it blocks WoW. Every time I try to unblock it I get a message saying:

"Your personal firewall blocks or allows particular programs to access the internet according to Program Control Rules. One of the programs monitored has been moved or deleted. Please open the main console and edit the Program Control Rule that applies to the missing program."

Might anyone know what I am doing wrong?
d(º_º; )
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Install AVG !
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

Alterac Valley...uh...Gulch?
d(º_º; )
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

get rid of it and install Microsoft Security Essentials. Its free and works well.

Way better than AVG Pez!
fritter

Post by fritter »

avg is awesome
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Possibly if you reinstalled WoW it might be looking for the EXE in the old location I know they changed the default install location for the program with vista and 7.

But yeah a new antivirus/firewall program would resolve that issue also. I actually exempted the WoW folders from my antivirus real time scan. I know what the hell I'm installing and do manual scans before even updating addons.
And gone.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

AVG is only an anti-virus component. Try Comodo Pro (It is also free, and a firewall + AV as well.)

Microsoft Security Essentials would be a good product if it didn't have MS in the name...
Call me Ron
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Dartagn wrote:AVG is only an anti-virus component. Try Comodo Pro (It is also free, and a firewall + AV as well.)

Microsoft Security Essentials would be a good product if it didn't have MS in the name...
I think the firewall is what got him into this mess !

Most likely he is behind a Router , so why bother with a software firewall ?
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

pezcore wrote:I think the firewall is what got him into this mess !

Most likely he is behind a Router , so why bother with a software firewall ?
A router providing only NAT services is not secure in any way. A firewall will block incoming and outgoing traffic that you don't want. The thing about Comodo is that it is easy to configure correctly and will not block programs that you mark as trusted in any way (WoW in this case.)
Call me Ron
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Dartagn wrote:A router providing only NAT services is not secure in any way. A firewall will block incoming and outgoing traffic that you don't want. The thing about Comodo is that it is easy to configure correctly and will not block programs that you mark as trusted in any way (WoW in this case.)
I am pretty sure with any somewhat modern Router you can do exactly what you described with your software based firewall and not have the burden of running the extra software. Most routers in the last few years will do way more than providing just NAT.