Anyone Know About TV's ?

Open to all topics
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Don't know for certain what they mean by "motion flow", but I have an idea.

When 120 Hertz TVs came out it was because it was the lowest common denominator for all the types of media out there. (60, 24, and something else frames per second).

The idea was that instead of having to guess what the frame was like the could double/triple the frames and avoid tearing and other artifacts.

They then figured out that the could up the frame rate more and start guessing at what should should be displayed between the "real" frames though for marketing or actual improvement (I've not looked into the claims). All the major brands have this feature, but it's only as good as the hardware/firmware algorithms used as they are guessing there.
And gone.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

How many HDMI ports does it have?
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

It has 4 HDMI ports.
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

My 50" Sanyo has 2 or 3 HDMI Ports, can't quite remember. I don't use any of them for anything.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

I think I have 3 on mine?

I use one for the HD AV unit, which has my HD PVR and Blu Ray routed into that.

I'd use another one for my desktop, but my wife wont let me hog the expensive TV each and every evening, one day I would love to test WoW on it also.
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Woot ! I just ordered a SSD got the Intel Generation 2 80GB / 240 Bucks

cant wait to load Notepad !
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation

Looks like the motionflow thing is done by just about every manufacturer is some form.

The reviews are pretty decent for the technology.
Call me Ron
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Dartagn wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation

Looks like the motionflow thing is done by just about every manufacturer is some form.

The reviews are pretty decent for the technology.
That's what I thought it was, and like I said, if it improves or not depends on what they're "guessing" for the middle frames.

You can just turn it off and have it double/triple frames so it's the same as the original source with the higher hertz (frames per second).
And gone.
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

I've got to be honest, the best thing to do is find a brick and mortar place that has the TV you are considering in stock and go see it in action. I've picked some out before where it sounded great online, and the reviews were decent, but seeing it in person the performance wasn't there. It lets you compare with other similar price sets to see if you're going to be happy with your purchase.
hachi

Post by hachi »

Also, when youre standing in front of your prospective tv at the b&m store, dont be afraid to screw around with the settings (brightness, contrast, all that shit) most places have their tvs poorly calibrated and/or set at fucking max brightness to attract people (ooooh shiny!) Youd never watch tv at home with it set that way.