rift

Open to all topics
Myztic

Post by Myztic »

1 hour DL left to go..See you there T and everyone else :)
~~Myztic~~
-Thigh Master-
GreyEagle

Defiant

Post by GreyEagle »

Tahiti wrote:myz come defiant on byriel and toss me a whisper!

<3 T
I'm thinking of buying and downloading today. Can I toss you a whisper too? I'll join byriel as defiant if I do
Lishtus

Post by Lishtus »

rift blows!!!
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

lolz. Lish you should try it before you slam it!
WoW
Gusai - Lvl 90 Blood Elf Rogue
Polluted - Lvl 89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Elrikc - Lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Iyaken - Lvl 85 Human Hunter
Vonbek - Lvl 64 Human Warrior
Monku - Lvl 1 Orc Monk

SWTOR
Gusai - Lvl 50 Sith Maurader

Guild Wars 2
Cymrutat - Lvl 48 Thief
fritter

Post by fritter »

i'm with lish it blows as much as lighting my balls on fire(which i have also never tried)
Zamphir

Post by Zamphir »

Gusi shouldnt you change your tags to your Rift characters?
:P
GreyEagle

I have tried Rift

Post by GreyEagle »

xion wrote:anyone planning on trying rift? i got into the beta this weekend and from what i read, it could be a pretty good mmo, but how many times have we been burned lol.
I downloaded and tried Rift. I like the game. I discovered my vid card is not supported. I do have an antiquated vid card (Radion 1600+). Interestingly, WoW runs beautifully with this card and Rift is clunky and doesn't look so good.

I do plan on buying a new vid card on pay day on the 28th of this month. Then I will try Rift again and see how it looks.

Having said all this I have played a toon up to lvl 10 in Rift. A lot of the game mechanics are the same as WoW. I haven't seen anything different or new that would make me switch as of yet.

GreyEagle
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Remember the original "base" for wow was the warcraft 3 engine... that's really, really old now, so older video cards work fine with it.
And gone.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

Want to play a game with a graphics engine built 10 years ago! Yay!!! Boy do I!!!!!
Or you can play a game that is brand spankng new, current and has so much more game play to offer? hrmm hard choice.

Ok so keep raIding those rehashed instances, but maybe, 6 years later, don't you deserve something better?
WoW
Gusai - Lvl 90 Blood Elf Rogue
Polluted - Lvl 89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Elrikc - Lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Iyaken - Lvl 85 Human Hunter
Vonbek - Lvl 64 Human Warrior
Monku - Lvl 1 Orc Monk

SWTOR
Gusai - Lvl 50 Sith Maurader

Guild Wars 2
Cymrutat - Lvl 48 Thief
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

The new and different I noticed in a month of playing Rift (before I canceled the account, because I don't feel like paying for two monthly subscriptions right now):

new) Much newer graphics engine, which means the graphics look very pretty if you go out and buy a new system that can keep up with it. (Makes for a much spendier game than just buying the box and installing it, no?)

new) New zones, new creatures, new lore.

different) Less expensive ongoing pay-to-play fees than WoW

Mechanics seemed very similar. Gameplay seemed very similar. It's a good game, and if I wasn't so invested in WoW, or had never played WoW, I'd probably plunk down my money each month for Rift instead. But since fully enjoying the new graphics engine requires plunking down a bunch of extra money for new machines, and since I am so invested in WoW, I'm going back to my pretty and cartoony fun WoW... ;-)
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--