Funny post. funnier blue reply

Open to all topics
Erico

Funny post. funnier blue reply

Post by Erico »

"A while back I saw a thread discussing how we would kill Deathwing, seeing as how he's probably the biggest boss in size. Some ideas got tossed around, knocking off his armor, using seige vehicles to just plain old tank and spank. But what catched my eye was someone said "We'll kill him the way we kill every other big monster, by slashing at it's feet".

That got me thinking, does it make any sense that we can kill a three story high giant by just kicking it's shins or hitting it with small metal balls and fire/ice/magic bolts? Well it's a game so asking that question is just stupid, we can kill stuff that way. But the animation is kind of boring, just slash, shoot, scream, die.

So how about the person who lands the killing blow be subject to an elaborate kill animation. If a warrior with a two handed sword killed a big dragon with no other pressing threats around why not show him quickly ascend upon the dragon, sword in one hand and the beasts horn in the other to prevent him from falling off, followed by a quick stab to the head where the dragon roars, quickly slumps down and dies. Or someone using a bow pulls off that move Legolas did in Lord of the Rings where he shoots arrows into the elephant things leg to use as a makeshift staircase, climbs on it and quickly shoots three arrows into it's skull to end it's life. A magic user could usher up a massive torrent of flame to stop the rampaging dragon in it's tracks while flames lick it's body.

To sum it up, wouldn't it be cool if they gave bosses more personal death animations? At least to the ones that look like they could climb the Empire State Building. Kind of akin to the thing Dragon Age had going on, finishing a large monster with no enemies attacking you leads to a cool death animation for the monster.

Feel free to discuss, add onto or critisize this idea. "

BLUE REPLY:

Have you ever stepped on a lego piece while barefoot?

Can you recall that exquisitely piercing and utterly unforgettable pedal agony? Now imagine what would happen if you were to step on between 10 and 25 angry, well armed lego pieces which are all acting in brutal concert, and tell me how that would go for you.

Plus they have magic and sharp objects.

=(

On a serious note, I'm looking forward to the epic confrontation with Deathwing, just as you are. I haven't yet the foggiest idea how we'll bring the big fellow low, though.
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

Force choking the shit out of bitches!