Diablo 3 Beta test!

Open to all topics
Bees

Post by Bees »

Ameerah wrote:Log in and check it out :) Although I assume you've logged in within the last week or so :)
i hadn't been in in a few weeks. just patched and played again and i'm still not sure what you mean. there are fog effects, but nothing that obscures anything. screenshot?
hachi

Post by hachi »

I patched and logged into d3 for the first time in months because of your concern, Ameerah. Like Bees, I didnt notice anything amiss. I'm definitely curious about what you are experiencing.
xion

Post by xion »

we are doing good, getting married this year (on Halloween) just same stuff been playing with our puppy, little onyxia is about 8 months old now
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

&quot wrote:we are doing good, getting married this year (on Halloween) just same stuff been playing with our puppy, little onyxia is about 8 months old now
Congratulations!!! :)
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--
Ander

Post by Ander »

Congrats Xy and Vi! Are you gonna have a nightmare before xmas wedding theme!?

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Ameerah

Post by Ameerah »

xion wrote:we are doing good, getting married this year (on Halloween) just same stuff been playing with our puppy, little onyxia is about 8 months old now
How lovely!! I am so very happy for you guys :) I will definately need to see some gorgeous wedding pics! I had a gf that got married on Halloween as well- she picked midnight to tie the knot and wore a witch outfit. I think her husband wore a vampire set or something. (cake was in a pumpkin??) It was an awesome wedding though. Please pass on my Congrats to beautiful Vi as well :)
Ameerah

Post by Ameerah »

Screenshot!
Attachments
Fog.jpg
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

See the dark corners in her screenshot? I guess calling it "fog" wasn't accurate. I'm used to calling it "fog of war" from other RTS games. It's harder to notice in a still screenshot but if you sit back and look, you'll see a circle around the character with the corners and edges of the screen darkened. You can especially see it in the thumbnail.
hachi

Post by hachi »

ah.. ok. I think thats pretty normal.. werent there + light radius items in the old diablo games? or was that some other game?
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

hachi wrote:ah.. ok. I think thats pretty normal.. werent there + light radius items in the old diablo games? or was that some other game?
I never actually played Diablo so I'm not sure, but I know there were items in games like Neverwinter that would light up the area. Still in those games you could change your camera angle to look farther ahead, which helped a lot. It's just a minor complaint anyway. The game looks like it will be very addicting.