Diablo 3 Beta test!

Open to all topics
kana

Post by kana »

Atelo wrote:I got into the beta and played a bit with Ameerah last night. I found the graphics to be quite aged.. on the level of WoW when it first came out. I had everything cranked too. I realize they want it to run on a broad range of computer specs, but they may have dipped into the lower levels a bit too far imo.
I think they had some optimisation issues earlier on. I've played it a bunch now over the past few months and it used to run into some issues here and there. If this is the case, it means that they've spent more time recently on the engine to hit the mark they want on the "accessibility" end. Also, it's *very* obvious they're shooting to get this on consoles. The gold pickup mechanic, UI and other various nuances paint a big red console finger at us PC gamers. The graphics would definitely need to be "toned down" for consoles. Diablo is a game with a lot of math going on in the background which really taxes the machines it's on above what the engine itself does (Diablo 2 ran surprisingly horrible on my computer when it came out despite being reasonably "lo-fi" in terms of it's graphics engine).
It was fun though, aside from my mage having Frost nova again. The gear had some of the most useless stats such as "movement speed by 2%", "range of picking up health and gold by 2 yards", "get 1 bonus xp for monster kills". I assume that will change as it was just the early levels.

The game should keep us busy for a while when it comes out on the 15th.
As with any Diablo game, the early stats are TERRIBLE. Probably just want to focus on pickup range to avoid unnecessary downtime associated with loots (gold is going to be pretty important I think).
Now in all 3 Flavours! Tank, DPS and Heals:
Uinia - DK
Kana - Mage
Iome - Shaman
wondersquare

Post by wondersquare »

kind of funny my gear generaly consists of "movement speed by 2%", "range of picking up health and gold by 2 yards", "get 1 bonus xp for monster kills"

i never liked diablo but once i found out about the real money auction house i wanted in the beta.

its not the 100 floor dungeon crawl with little to no story the first game was, thank god.