Windows 8

Open to all topics
Hypnos

Windows 8

Post by Hypnos »

Did anyone else install the public preview? I installed it, so far I really don't like it. If I wanted a Windows Phone I would have bought one
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

I was hoping that whole metro UI thing was a setting you could turn off. Is that an option or are you forced to use it every time you push the start button?
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Pretty sure you can turn it off. I also heard they removed the start button and replaced it with a "hover" menu.

I'm not going to install it myself unless I put it on a VM.
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

shadowrage wrote:I was hoping that whole metro UI thing was a setting you could turn off. Is that an option or are you forced to use it every time you push the start button?
I believe it is not an option, you are stuck with it. I could be wrong, I haven't looked very hard yet. Atelo is correct there is no start button. I only installed it on a laptop we rarely use because I wanted to check it out, if I didn't have it sitting around I wouldn't have bothered
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I've been reading most of the articles that come out on Win8 and they did say you could turn it off before, but the Consumer preview can't. I'm not sure why they did this, maybe to force people to actually use the UI and submit improvements or something. Either way it seems like a dumb move.

Some people are saying you can pin your stuff to the task bar and then it's similar to Win7, but that sounds kinda dumb.
Bees

Post by Bees »

everything is dragging, since it's all built for touchscreens. so terrible :(
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

I intend to get it on a VM to play, but I am in no way "excited" about it. I don't work with consumer products or networks often... So it is not nearly as important for my purposes.
Call me Ron