Tera Online

Open to all topics
kaptkaos

Post by kaptkaos »

Is anyone able to get into the beta or is it invitation only? I'd love to check it out.

- Kaos
kana

Post by kana »

Open Beta starts Friday/this weekend. I'm Kana on Serpentis Isle (I'll be playing early access tomorrow!).
Come join and I'll tank stuff for you! :)
Edit - Valley of Titans is a PVP server in a game where there are no factions. Let me tell you about the last game I played like that called Age of Conan... There were always some douchebags camping areas. Story quests are important to progress in TERA and getting camped will suck more than usual (there are few areas to "move to" in the early levels to avoid the campers). You can change channels, but you could do that in AoC too and it didn't help much.
The biggest problem is that level difference is absurd in TERA. Even +2 mobs will kick your ass (+3 and +4 become near impossible to effectively do quests against, at least as melee). This translates to PVP as well where those Xio...err people who are even +5-10 levels will be hard to kill.
/end rant
Now in all 3 Flavours! Tank, DPS and Heals:
Uinia - DK
Kana - Mage
Iome - Shaman
Amarie

Post by Amarie »

kaptkaos wrote:Is anyone able to get into the beta or is it invitation only? I'd love to check it out.

- Kaos

http://tera.enmasse.com/launch-schedule#obt

Looks like you can try open beta if you'd like :) I suggest you start the download ASAP and try to keep an eye on the progress if you can. There are a few of us on Valley of Titans (PvP) and Frost Reach (PvE) as well.
Amarie

Post by Amarie »

So after reading my own link I realize that pre orders start Open Beta one day early. Thursday 4/19 12p (Tomorrow!). Hope I see some of you guys online :D
xion

Post by xion »

they also released a new video, they changed the 1st beginning island a little bit. I am glad not b.c i didn't like the early zone but b.c i have been in beta for like 3-4 months now i can't tell you how many times i went through lol.
Amarie

Post by Amarie »

Haha xion I know! I must of played that zone 6 times. They did change the opening cinematic and me like it mo! :)

If anyone joins Valley of Titans pm me your name here
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

kana wrote:The biggest problem is that level difference is absurd in TERA. Even +2 mobs will kick your ass (+3 and +4 become near impossible to effectively do quests against, at least as melee). This translates to PVP as well where those Xio...err people who are even +5-10 levels will be hard to kill.
/end rant
Odd - I haven't done much melee (my lancer was only level 6 when closed betas ended), but I wasn't having too much problems with my sorceror or my priest dealing with 1-2 of level+2 mobs, and okay with 1 level+3 mob -- as long as it wasn't a BAM. Those owned me even at level-3. :-D You should try to reroll on Frost Reach, if you can get your name there -- I was going to start up on Serpentis Isle, but Xion rolled Frost Reach to hang with some of his friends, so I figured I'd go over there first. Come join us! :D

Also, for anyone who wants to play in the open beta, in case you haven't seen it somewhere else, the beta access code is: TERABETA
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--
Erico

Post by Erico »

Anyone in VoT yet?
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

Force choking the shit out of bitches!
Amarie

Post by Amarie »

ericu wrote:Anyone in VoT yet?
Eric where are you?
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »