Diablo 3

Open to all topics
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

In case anybody didn't know.

If you go to Menu > Options > Gameplay and turn on Elective Mode, you can put your spells from any category into any slot you want.

It makes the game a lot more enjoyable since you can customize your spells however you like.
d(º_º; )
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Speaking of making the game more enjoyable. They really need to increase drop rates on rares. We killed Diablo on Nightmare and got zero rares. We also got zero rares on the 3 bosses before him. Ameerah and I played the entire weekend for many hours (maybe 14-15 hours total) and got 2 rares that were usable upgrades, and they were barely upgrades at that. We also reached nearly impossible sections of Hell difficulty where we absolutely had to drop a quarter million gold on new gear to make it possible to get farther.

Bees - you suggested we farm Belial. We did, killed him 5 or 6 times and got zero rares each time. Someone else mentioned in game that killing a boss a 2nd time on the same difficulty yields no rares.

Personally I'd prefer to kill stuff and get loot, not buy other people's loot on the AH then run around mindlessly killing stuff and getting useless stuff 10-12 levels lower for hours on end. I mean, the point to the game is to kill stuff and get loot that could be an upgrade...

We tried stacking magic find without sacrificing too much dps, but it doesn't seem to help at all. We even saved Fortune Shrines, keeping track of where they are, and grabbing them only after finding a Resplendent Chest. The odd time when rares drop, they suck. They aren't usable by either of us, and aren't even sellable items they suck so bad.

Reading some of the Diablo forums, it appears many people have the same issue - that is going for hours upon hours without getting anything of note.

Apparently Inferno level gear is in the millions of gold price range. The game is clearly designed for the real money AH. People will not be able to progress on their own. They'll have to buy items and it's likely the good shit will all be posted for real money instead of gold once the currency AH is opened.

It's debatable if this will basically kill the game for the majority of players.

Everyone else who's playing, what do you think? Have you had the same shitty luck with rares? Do you spend 15 minutes running for your life against a group of Hell level Elites only to have shit level 40 blues drop? Did you have to pimp yourself out on the AH just so you could get a bit farther?
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

Blizzard is definitely going toward people having to purchase stuff from the RMAH...they want to make more money.

This game is way too random to rely on anything good dropping for you or even crafting anything you can use.

Luckily while leveling I found stuff my friend could use and he found stuff I could use, but now at Inferno level it looks like I will have to farm to be able to buy gear good enough to survive past act 1, and anything good seems to go for 5million+.

Then if I am lucky I will get drops that I can sell for ridiculous amounts.
d(º_º; )
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

This game is a little too fucked up for me... It's just so unbalanced and click happy.... I think I'd rather go back to playing WoW classic than play any more D3... I'm done.

Good luck guys, see you in the next mmo.
WoW
Gusai - Lvl 90 Blood Elf Rogue
Polluted - Lvl 89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Elrikc - Lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Iyaken - Lvl 85 Human Hunter
Vonbek - Lvl 64 Human Warrior
Monku - Lvl 1 Orc Monk

SWTOR
Gusai - Lvl 50 Sith Maurader

Guild Wars 2
Cymrutat - Lvl 48 Thief
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Gusai wrote:This game is a little too fucked up for me... It's just so unbalanced and click happy.... I think I'd rather go back to playing WoW classic than play any more D3... I'm done.

Good luck guys, see you in the next mmo.
It is a little unbalanced, but it isn't really an mmo replacement either. We'll probably get 100 hours of play out of it, which isn't bad. I think I played Skyrim 140 hours. Most other games give 5-12 hours of play.

You should have joined up with us more. It's much more fun playing with others (aside from the drop rates) I always saw you tanking it on your own. Myztic and Lishtus joined us some, although that night with Lish resulted in some high repair bills......
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

Hahaha, I miss repair bills.
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Lishtus

Post by Lishtus »

I admit I was a little to drunk to be playing that night. I will also say that I found few upgrades. I think its better to trade items like Atelo and Ameerah helped me out that night.
Bees

Post by Bees »

Playing in a group and trading drops gets you gear much faster for sure. Good gear isn't supposed to be plentiful - either farm for a very long time or buy it on the AH. That's by design, *shrug*

There are some pretty broken things, like the AH being terrible and Invulnerable Minion packs. Fuck that
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

Bees wrote:Invulnerable Minion packs. Fuck that
I found a rare with invulnerable minions and he was all by himself...I had a smile on my face the entire time I was beating him up. =D
d(º_º; )
Bees

Post by Bees »

hah, nice