Diablo 3

Open to all topics
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

I'm playing. Pretty cool game.

I don't remember what level I logged out as. Definitely in the single digits.

My battle tag is Croaker#1590
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

Been playing the game, forgot about the interwebs.

I am level 29, almost finished with act 3.

I found a Legendary!

Bilopdop#1323
d(º_º; )
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Bees

Post by Bees »

Lishtus

Thx

Post by Lishtus »

Thx to Gusai for the sweet Legendary 2h Sword. It looks real cool and kicks ass. Gus I'll group up with you soon and show it to you.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

Thanks Lish.

I'm glad you can put it to good use.

I found the link to it, it's looks mid-range for the dps too.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/faithful-memory
WoW
Gusai - Lvl 90 Blood Elf Rogue
Polluted - Lvl 89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Elrikc - Lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Iyaken - Lvl 85 Human Hunter
Vonbek - Lvl 64 Human Warrior
Monku - Lvl 1 Orc Monk

SWTOR
Gusai - Lvl 50 Sith Maurader

Guild Wars 2
Cymrutat - Lvl 48 Thief
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Nice guys... the loot that has dropped for Ameerah and I has been total crap 99.9% of the time. I think I got a good rare necklace once about 10 levels ago.

Last night we killed Belial and just as we were looking at the yellow loot and had a good yellow bow for Ameerah, we got randomly booted from the servers. When we logged back in the loot was gone. We did the event again and only got blues, zero yellows. Pretty lame.

I've also found the Auction house to be kind of a game breaker. I picked up a wand for my wizard that nearly doubled my dps for only 1200 gold. Pants that doubled my health from 900 to 1850 hp for a measily 2000g. Items on the AH are 3x as good as anything we've found and only cost a few thousand gold. To compare for those who don't play Diablo, a vendor purchased item at this level is usually around 3000 to 5000g and will have one quarter stats on it that the rare from the AH will have.

It's not even worthwhile to craft anything. You're better off vendoring everything you find instead of salvaging it so you can make gold to buy your gear on the auction. Salvaging yields a single essence usually, which you can buy on AH for 15g when the items vendor for 50 to 450g at this level, so why bother? Vendor and buy more than 1 essence if you want to craft... but you're still better off vendoring everything for gold and buying uber items on AH for next to nothing.

On the bright side, playing the AH will be super easy. The AH is difficult to navigate so most people just throw items on the auction without comparing the prices to anything. I've nabbed things for 900g and turned around and sold them for 4000g.

It's hard to resist not pimping out your character for 10k gold.
Bees

Post by Bees »

just farm bosses like belial ~10 times in a row and you'll end up with good stuff. maybe 1 in 20 drops is appropriate for your character and sometimes you'll go through 50 blues without a useful one, but meh, that's kinda expected.

playing with a few people who are different classes is good, even if you don't actually play *together*. we have a bunch of players in my office, so we share good drops that don't fit our own classes. so long as your gear isn't so bad you can't kill bosses, then just keep progressing through content. gear gets much better again in nightmare and then hell.

crafting does't seem to be worth it (aside from gems), even for rares. you can easily craft 10 things in a row with bad stats. i assume crafting will matter more once you hit the end game, so just need to level your BS in the meantime.
Amarie

Post by Amarie »

Croakker

Post by Croakker »

Wow. That's a man in need of medication.
Maybe he should put that effort into a treadmill.