Shit

Open to all topics
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

i just want myspace to rise back up and become cool again! always loved being able to add music and custom wallpapper to my site.
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Erico

Post by Erico »

shadowrage wrote:i just want myspace to rise back up and become cool again! always loved being able to add music and custom wallpapper to my site.
YES!
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

Force choking the shit out of bitches!
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

shadowrage wrote:i just want myspace to rise back up and become cool again! always loved being able to add music and custom wallpapper to my site.
This is why facebook took over... the eyesore graphics and ear piercing music on some people's pages...
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

Atelo wrote:This is why facebook took over... the eyesore graphics and ear piercing music on some people's pages...

I believe that is a big part of it
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

It won't surprise me if it is trading at $25 to $30 this time next year. Look at the PE compared to an Apple or Google. With a billion or so current users I'm not sure how revenues are going to majorly increase while at the same time not driving people insane with ads.
Vote Yes on No!
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

Atelo wrote:This is why facebook took over... the eyesore graphics and ear piercing music on some people's pages...
I thought another appeal of Facebook was the fact that it started as a closed gate college thing which had the exclusivity thing going for it. Then it opened up and everyone wanted in.
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

From an investors point of view though, FB is going to be pretty volatile for a while, and I doubt it will increase in value to be above it's opening value of $38. FB set the number which was over priced.
For a company that actually doesn't produce anything substantial and utilizes an unproven revenue model, it's going to take a major shift in investor confidence for things to turn around. How do you track on paper FB's success or failure? By looking at your friend's friend list and see he has more poeple there thanhe did last week? Let's not forget the Dot com explosion was not long lived. How long qwill FB survive as a pubic company? The pressures on the company now are far greater thanthey ever were... I would expect FB will change considerably over the next few years... and not for the better. Myspace may yet make a comeback, or some other website.

Who knows.
WoW
Gusai - Lvl 90 Blood Elf Rogue
Polluted - Lvl 89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Elrikc - Lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Iyaken - Lvl 85 Human Hunter
Vonbek - Lvl 64 Human Warrior
Monku - Lvl 1 Orc Monk

SWTOR
Gusai - Lvl 50 Sith Maurader

Guild Wars 2
Cymrutat - Lvl 48 Thief
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

Typical revenue for a company with 80-100 billion in market cap? 77 billion

Facebook's? 7
Bees

Post by Bees »

Croakker wrote:Typical revenue for a company with 80-100 billion in market cap? 77 billion
sure, but...

typical net profit margin: 7%
facebook: 27%