So

Open to all topics
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

That's a big fear of mine, puking in the car.
Last time I got sick at work, I grabbed one of the vomit bags from the recovery room to have in the car. It's got a plastic ring to hold the top open, then looks like a big blue plastic crew sock.

Didn't have to use it, thankfully. Have had some colleagues who live an hour away have that issue though.

For doctors with bad days, though, there's the cardiac surgeon who's wife shot him in the ass. He then drove himself here to seek treatment. He lived 40 minutes away.

In all fairness, the other cardiac surgeon said that she did tell him next time she caught him cheating she'd shoot him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIB8vzg78W8

It must've been small caliber, since I saw him at work the next day. One of my colleagues offered one of the residents a hundred bucks to ask him what it felt like to get shot. He should've done it, since the hospital fired both Gongora and his wife the next week.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Why did they fire him for getting shot? His wife was the crazy.
Erico

Post by Erico »

Busy as fuck, but I'll be home Monday night!
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

Force choking the shit out of bitches!
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

He brought great shame upon the name of the hospital. It was that or seppuku.

It was more of a last straw thing. Besides, he'd been making his conquests through the nursing staff of the ICU.
Ander

Post by Ander »

Croakker wrote:He brought great shame upon the name of the hospital. It was that or seppuku.

It was more of a last straw thing. Besides, he'd been making his conquests through the nursing staff of the ICU.
Lol! That does sound like some unpleasantness, what do you expect when you're cheating on your wife though? I personally have more sympathy for the wife then for him.

-Ander

P.S. Eric!!!!! I cry myself to sleep every night on a pillow with your face on it!! While I camp outside your house waiting for you to come home.... While I clean the gun I keep under the pillow.... You better not have been cheating on me u bastard!! ;)
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Ander

Post by Ander »

Also: Happy fathers day everyone!

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

And speaking of guns, we had a lovely hostage situation in the ER last night.
Ended when the cops shot and killed the guy.

Now where'd I put that Kevlar?

*looks through closet*

*finds Ander in there moaning for Eric*
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Wow that's crazy, glad you are ok!
haha @ Ander!

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Ander

Post by Ander »

My bleep, that really is crazy Croakker! You sound pretty casual about it, is that normal for that hospital? XD

-Ander
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

No, I don't think there'd been someone with a gun in the hospital... maybe ever. Keep in mind, this hospital isn't in one of the big cities. We're north of Austin and population is maybe 40-60k in the area with a heavy slant toward those who drive slow, wear the huge cataract sunglasses, and yell at people to get off their lawn.

Closest I'd ever seen to that before now was when the National Guard was patrolling the hospital I worked in back in New Orleans in the month or so following Hurricane Katrina. It was always a little strange to be in line for lunch behind a guy carrying a weapon capable of full auto.

But as for this, I wasn't anywhere near the action, and the operating rooms are badge accessed only. It does make you realize how many places someone could walk into with a gun and start shooting.