The Secret World

Open to all topics
Ander

The Secret World

Post by Ander »

Is anyone else into this game besides Thols and T? Also how are Thols and T liking the beta so far?

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Poobah

Post by Poobah »

I'm in the beta as well and liked it, a little weird to get rolling at first but not too bad. Tried a couple factions while my son tried the other. Interesting.
Tholia

yes!

Post by Tholia »

T didn't get to play. :(

from one beta weekend, I liked it a lot, and T's in, so we're preordering. I couldn't guess how long it'll last, but it'll be a fun ride. Lots of fundamental differences from other games to love or hate - read the first post of http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=32764 for example. Writing and voicework are good, even compared to swtor (though facial animations kinda suck - can't have it all, I guess).

I think every complaint I heard turned out to be somebody who just didn't understand yet.

preorder trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASSUwluKoUc

some 5-man demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZPS1SvmVHI
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Are you buying the game poobs? Or have you? If so we should make sure we get on the same server or whatever :)

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Looks like a weird but interesting game. No levels? How do they do the typical unlocking of skills?
Tholia

Post by Tholia »

there's still XP, and you get skill and ability points periodically. the ability system is huge (500+ choices, I think), skills are much simpler. going deep gets more expensive and powerful abilities; going wide gets more flexibility; eventually you can get them all. Separate from that, there's quality levels in gear - need both gear and aligned ability choices to compete. later, after going deep in more than a couple paths, you can swap gear and abilities between fights to change roles completely, there's no "respec" concept, more like multi spec, with something like TCG decks. hopefully the encounters justify that...
Poobah

Post by Poobah »

Yeah, much more open ended. Of course it is very confusing at first to try to figure out what type of tiers you want, but if you can respec or just wait until you lvl more and get what you want.
Tholia

Post by Tholia »

we're playing Illuminati on Grim.
Erico

Post by Erico »

So who ended up pre-ordering this game?
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

Force choking the shit out of bitches!
Santismo

Post by Santismo »

Bad bad bad beta reviews batman.
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

1-Hand holding
1-Cussing at raiders
1-Taking ten minute time outs to get our shit together (tied with 9 other people)