Trump?

Open to all topics
Atelo

Trump?

Post by Atelo »

I was just having a discussion with Ameerah and she was asking if everyone on her Facebook is bashing Trump, how is he winning? I realize that people who support him are more quiet for fear of being called racist and such, but not all of them are silent.

So this is probably the place with the most Americans I know, what do you guys think of him?
Antilikos

Re: Trump?

Post by Antilikos »

I am a conservative voter, but want nothing to do with him.

I agree with a lot of what he says, but it's that other 10% of what he spews out that makes him look like a Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Putin, etc. wannabe. He says what he needs to say to get votes and if that doesn't work he changes it the next day.

People are tired of the status quo and that is why he even has a chance. In my view as soon as there is a sole other candidate in the party he will lose out. On the other hand I think a lot of Democrats are voting for him (in the states where they can do that) because they think it's funny as hell what he's doing to the Republican party. There are about a third less people voting for Democrat candidates this time around and over 50% more votes being cast for Republicans. Go figure.

The funny thing is both Trump and Hillary seem like the kind of people who will foster enemies lists just like Nixon. I also think if either of them are elected they will be impeached just like Hillary's husband.

Unless all but one other Republican bows out soon look for the Republican convention to choose a candidate. If that happens it won't be Trump.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Antilikos wrote:I am a conservative voter, but want nothing to do with him.
Yes this!
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I don't think I've seen anyone apart from nutters on youtube comments saying they support him fully. I'm sure there are sane people who support him, but are afraid to speak up in case they're called a racist and a bigot.
Erico

Post by Erico »

Basically, people are sick of career politicians being the dick bags that they are, so they vote for the guy with the wild ideas because, fuck em' that's why.