So Cal Fires

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
spudd

Post by spudd »

Atelo wrote:The point is not to destroy anything in particular but damage the economy. A fire that destroys lots of homes does this quite well. I read there were more than 10 completely separate fires. It's also one of al-Qaida’s 6 point terror plan from 2004.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/001491.php

It's not far fetched at all.

EDIT: I don't go to that site, I just found it in a google search. That site is for paranoid and racist people.
It makes sense, and if some of the San Diego ones end up being started by arsonists I wouldn't be surprised if it was a terrorist type of attack. There are lots of weird people that live out in the canyon areas and past Cook's Corner where Boryn's pictures are from though that I just assume it's one of those guys living in a cabin out there, alone and completely crazy.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

spudd wrote:It makes sense, and if some of the San Diego ones end up being started by arsonists I wouldn't be surprised if it was a terrorist type of attack. There are lots of weird people that live out in the canyon areas and past Cook's Corner where Boryn's pictures are from though that I just assume it's one of those guys living in a cabin out there, alone and completely crazy.
Could very well be just crazy or stupid people too. Either way, brushfires are common during dry years, but it still seems like more than normal this time.
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Edit out of stupidity. The photos are amazing.
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

While it is still in doubt whether the socal fires will reach or surpsass the magnitude of the ones in Greece, I still think its amazing how there could be (yes, i know that the greek ones are actually many) two fires of their scale within a year of each other. Some scream global warming, some scream terrible land management, I say I'm glad just not to be directly affected. While my friends attending UCSD are glad for the small break they've been given during midterms, it sucks major balls for those who lost almost everything.
Will the insurance companies pay out? Will there be a loophole in contracts? Stay tuned to find out...
Antonius

Post by Antonius »

ascanius wrote: Will the insurance companies pay out? Will there be a loophole in contracts? Stay tuned to find out...
Rather than try to find loopholes and clauses that may disqualify people from receiving insurance money...I'm thinking insurance companies might just have to go bankrupt since just the amount of people (especially those expensive homes lost) would far outweigh any profit they've recieved. At least this is what I am hoping for since after the fires are neutralized I'd hate to see the headlines where people are pissed because they were denied their claims.

The homes here are too damn expensive.
Isbeth

Post by Isbeth »

a teeny funny...

I talked to my mom on Monday night, trying to persuade her to evacuate her part of town. Her reply to me was, "Don't worry, the fire won't come destroy poor people's houses."

Lol. Apparently the San Diego fires were set by Robin Hood.
Windaria

Post by Windaria »

When I was kid, Northern Ca had a rash of forest fires that were later proved to be started by certain companies that leased heavy equipment to the forest service for fire fighting. I know it still happens from time to time. Nasty business.
Windy 2.0

MoOoOoO!
Somegirl

Post by Somegirl »

Isbeth wrote:a teeny funny...

I talked to my mom on Monday night, trying to persuade her to evacuate her part of town. Her reply to me was, "Don't worry, the fire won't come destroy poor people's houses."

Lol. Apparently the San Diego fires were set by Robin Hood.
More like the media won't report about it. Kinda sad to see that most of the focus of the reporting is in the rich area with less concentration of people.
Col

Post by Col »

Heard today from my aunt that lives close to Escondido, and she lost her home again. Animal rescue was barely able to get her horses out but she wasn't able to get anything out of the house this time. She also had lost her home in 2004 (I think that's when it was) to those fires in Julian. I can't believe this could happen twice to the same people, blows. She had loads of her dad's old antique furniture and stuff. I guess it's just things but she's pretty down atm.
hachi

Post by hachi »

Wow. That's super unfortunate. What a nightmare for her... again.