Former Secretary of Defense

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
Kalverin

Post by Kalverin »

The only end to a war with China is a nuclear one. Even if we control the air they can still launch missles at anything they want. And they would. Until some sort of realistic and reliable missle shield is developed (please lets not open that can of worms on this thread) war with a country that possess even somewhat capable balistic missle technology and nuclear capability is something that we can't afford to be involved in. We don't have the stomach for it.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

China is stupid and we are stupid, but our missles both outnumber, out accurate, and our everything theirs. Period.

Neither country woud fire Nukes, each knows that the consequence would be destruction of both countries from the face of the earth. They could wipe out our major cities and almost everything else, we could turn Aisa into a smoking crater.
Call me Ron
fonebone

Post by fonebone »

that wont stop some from saying "if we go down, Im taking you with me" a desperation move can easily set destruction on both sides.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
Preest

Post by Preest »

China will never do that. And here is why.

The chinese have a HUGE history compaired to the rest of us. They have thousands of years of recorded history as a backdrop to their thinking, and this is key. As a result, they sometimes make statements like "In 300 years, CHina will be a superpower". Now maybe they will and myabe they wont (some say they already are), but the point is their outlook on their place in the world is totally different then the west.

The world is changing and soon the west will not be the only big boys on the block. India and China are fast up and comers.

Just something to think about.

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Kalverin

Post by Kalverin »

I agree that the Chinese people have that mentality maybe, but I do not believe the Chinese goverment maintains those kind of illusions. I think that if the Chinese communist government were faced with a situation where they were going to be destroyed or cast out of power they would be capable of pretty much anything.