Driving through Parris

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
shadowrage

Driving through Parris

Post by shadowrage »

this video is kind of long (9min). this guy got a formula 1 racer to drive a Ferrari though the heart of Parris at like 3 in the morning. its pretty intence i think and man it looks soo fun.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ough+paris
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Plutara

Post by Plutara »

No, this would be driving through Paris.

http://galleries.hotelheiress.com/v/035/index.php?id=1
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

lol thanks for the laugh plut
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

That guy is nuts, driving through red lights and all.
Desari

Post by Desari »

Atelo wrote:That guy is nuts, driving through red lights and all.
Haha no different from the way Québecers drive :P
The French are all alike, huh? hehe jk ;)
:+: Dez :+:

Gaulvan

Post by Gaulvan »

I have the high quality version of this. About 150 megs. If anyones interested I might be able to figure a way to get it to you.

There's so little traffic because it's sunday morning, something like 6 or 7am in the summer, not 3am. At the time it was filmed, at that time, there'd be no traffic, not like today where there's probably "traffic" 24/7.

edit: also, a preemptive strike against "it's not real." It's real. The squeeling may look off, the engine noise may not seem right, but everyones used to 200mph street cars and video games. Tire technology has come a LONG way since the 1960s. Tires squeeled like this.

Also, it wasn't a formula 1 driver. It was a movie director.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

I got an impression that it was a motorcycle.
Gaulvan

Post by Gaulvan »

Actually wanted to come back and correct myself a bit. With Wikipedia taking off, there's been some important centralization of information, so it's been easier to get to the bottom of this movie.

The drive is real, but the sound effects aren't. Apparantly he wanted people to think it was an F1 driver with a Ferrari 275 GTB, while the driver was actually himself in a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL. The kicker is with the picture on this website: http://www.axe-net.be/rdv/presentation.php . Which is also an interview of him. It describes how he had about 3-4 km of film left after filming one film, so he took a 300m reel of film in order to film a short film idea he had. (film)

The red lights and curb jumping were real though. By squinting at the babelfish translation, apparantly he ran the route just once before, but in doing the production run (which he was only going to run once, even if he messed up, and had just barely enough film to get there in time), he found a street was closed only after he turned onto it, so he took a turn only to find a bus in the way, decided to jump the curb rather than slow down. Then there were trash trucks in the way.

Hmm!

e: motorcycles lean into turns.
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

cool did know that ty galv
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.