need UI help

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

Hater.
xion

Post by xion »

fritter i use Healbot and its great, i stil use decursive i also use Xperl and some art mods i'm work atm, i'll try later to post some SS, i to also used bartender, if your looking for an all in one, spartan was pretty good, i used that for a bit
Punji

Post by Punji »

xion wrote:fritter i use Healbot and its great, i stil use decursive i also use Xperl and some art mods i'm work atm, i'll try later to post some SS, i to also used bartender, if your looking for an all in one, spartan was pretty good, i used that for a bit
take his advice.. You should've seen his old UI Screen.
Please don't delete my post again...
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

I love Bartender, I've used it for as long as I can remember, it's really good to group buttons together, scale them, etc.

I also use Pitbull, for my unit frames, allows me to move the player frame, party frames, target frame etc. Again there are alot more options for scaling etc. It also gets rid of the profile picture which is good is you want to help simplify your UI.

I tend to group my buttons in the bottom centre of my screen, and push my chat windows to the lower left corner, and my recount / omen to the lower right, this gives a little more room for the centre of my screen for combat mods. I put my raid frames over top of my party frames on the left and of course, hide the party frames when I am in a raid. Saves space. I have heard alot that people either love or hate Grid, I myself couldn't get past the setup of it, but if you can, it is supposed to be worth it.
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

Punji wrote:take his advice.. You should've seen his old UI Screen.
Agreed, Xion is not someone to give advice on ui's :P
fritter

Post by fritter »

tried grid....it sucks so i went back to the good ole in game groups, but bartender is pretty cool. and as far as clique or healbot, i'm almost certain i wouldn't like them. anyone know how to move the in game castbar?
Kaohi

Post by Kaohi »

fritter wrote:tried grid....it sucks so i went back to the good ole in game groups, but bartender is pretty cool. and as far as clique or healbot, i'm almost certain i wouldn't like them. anyone know how to move the in game castbar?
I honestly don't believe you can, but there is addon that's pretty awesome, if you've ever heard of Quartz,

You can move the cast bar, make it any size you want, and alot of other crap.

example

Moonde

Post by Moonde »

I'm not sure why people hate on grid, I love it. It saves space and it's much more useful than the plain old wow raid frames. Yea sure it takes some getting used to but any mod does. What was your issue with it anyway?
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Moonde wrote:I'm not sure why people hate on grid, I love it. It saves space and it's much more useful than the plain old wow raid frames. Yea sure it takes some getting used to but any mod does. What was your issue with it anyway?
My issue is that it requires far too much configuring. You can't really just download and use it, it has to be set up. It should be released as a package that already works the best way it can.
fritter

Post by fritter »

Atelo wrote:My issue is that it requires far too much configuring. You can't really just download and use it, it has to be set up. It should be released as a package that already works the best way it can.
what he said. i don't really see any advantages it has over the wow raid frames except the face that you can scale them. this is all coming from my limited use of it. if i tried i'm sure i could get it to work like i want it to, but i'm lazy.