need UI help

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
fritter

need UI help

Post by fritter »

my UI is bad. what's a good addon for healers so i can see my raid frames but not have them and other junk in the way? i've never messed with any UI mods so pointers are appreciated

it's gone from this

to this but my raid frames are in the way of some important things right now like boss health bars in blood council and gunship.
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

Bartender is a good mod. Also move your raid frames to the left or to the bottom so it's out of the way of the dbm stuff. Personally I use Grid for raid frames. Some people hate on it but I've gotten used to it. Healbot is another good one but you'll have to adjust your healing to its framework. Each mouse button casts a different spell on whatever player frame your cursor is hovering.

Definitely get bartender though. It's a good start for cleaning up ui.
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

As a healer, I like XPerl's raid frames, as they have the option of instead of displaying how much health a person has, it gives me a negative number for how much health they are lacking. For me, it helps me to decide which heal to throw which person. You can move the raid frames to wherever you would like (I keep mine along the left side above the chat box) and size them however you would like. There are a lot of options, in terms of displaying buffs/debuffs or not, etc.

I looked to see if I had a screenshot of it, but I don't, and I can't log on from work (stupid firewall).

I've tried grid, which is nice except it's like a bar graph for health. I couldn't figure out how to display how much health someone was down, which is important to me. If I weren't a healer, Grid is what I would use.

For a bar mod, I use Dominoes. It and Bartender seem to be the most common ones used out there.
Canadiana

Post by Canadiana »

I used to use grid and clique on my priest.

Grid is very highly customizable and clique just allows you to cast with mouse clicks without having to target anyone. I can probably help you with it but I would just need to play with it again to refresh my memory.

Can I also add.......holy old ss batman!

PS-you could also get rid of decursive which will save you some more room! <3
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

You should also implement that feature that hides most of your buffs.
Bees

Post by Bees »

i use BuffEnough to check i have all the buffs i need, so that i can hide all the common ones
fritter

Post by fritter »

Canadiana wrote:PS-you could also get rid of decursive which will save you some more room! <3
i'll is there a easier way to decurse than decursive?

thx for the replies yall i'll start messing with some stuff when i get a chance
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

I think he's referring to the use of Grid for removing debuffs. Not sure how to do it myself.

I'm thoroughly dependent on Clique for my healing. I usually keep one tank focus targeted (for my earth shield macro to easily rebuff) and one simply targeted. Using Clique I never have to select a target to heal, just mouse over their portion of the raid frame. It's really very easy to set up and use.
Canadiana

Post by Canadiana »

fritter wrote:i'll is there a easier way to decurse than decursive?

thx for the replies yall i'll start messing with some stuff when i get a chance
lol its pretty easy without decursive if you have grid set up properly. I just figure its one way to unclutter your screen. But you need more addons to make it pretty and clear :)

You could also try healbot, its works very similar to grid/clique but its only 1 addon.

BTW Croakker....im a her not a he ><

Bug me if you catch me on or even send me a pm on the forums and I'll go through it with you
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Grid blows. That is all.