Clear Skies

Screenshots and videos relating to WoW
Moonde

Clear Skies

Post by Moonde »

These are really well done so I thought I'd share them. By no means is this an attempt to get anyone to come play Eve. Not at all.

http://www.clearskiesthemovie.com/downloads.htm
Ander

Post by Ander »

I have 2 questions, one enthusiastically curious, the other suspiciously Jewish.

1: How does the game give me super happy fun time?

2: How much does it cost to play?

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

Ander wrote:I have 2 questions, one enthusiastically curious, the other suspiciously Jewish.

-Ander
Bahahaha ander

Also I would like to know the answer to this as well.
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

Ander wrote:I have 2 questions, one enthusiastically curious, the other suspiciously Jewish.

-Ander

Haha good question. The simple answer: The game involves creating and destroying all kinds of really cool looking ships out in space. There's a lot of teamwork needed to do cooler stuff (namely obtainig and destroying even bigger ships).

It's definitely pvp oriented but you can be a carebear if you want. There's a lot of social interaction, in fact pvping and missioning with others is one of the biggest draws I think.

There's massive amounts of industry going on because just about everything cool in the game has to be player-built. If you like mining/creating for a living there's plenty of that to go round.

I guess there's really no simple answer. It's just different I guess. Some people like it, some don't. There is a little bit of a learning curve that pushes some people away. The missions can seem like a grind at times but there's a lot of other things to do, I only just recently started doing missions actually.

There's no "leveling" in the colloquial sense. You have to train skills for whatever it is you want to do ( or ship you want to fly). I'm currently training for a stealth bomber that can cloak/decloak and gank people immediatly (rogue anyone?) There's also support type ships you can train for electronic warfare/remote armor repair and such. And the best part is, your skills are training even if you're logged off!

It costs the standard 14.99 a month, cheaper if bought in bulk. But you can also buy playtime with in game currency! On the flip side of that, you can pay real money for gametime that you can either use or sell to other players in-game for bank.

I can invite up to 10 people a month to a 21 day trial. Maybe it can hold you over if you're ansy for TOR to come out. If you're interested just pm me your email address. I honestly wasn't trying to recruit though, I just wanted to share those cool movies lol.

Oh and space/planet graphics are excellent. I'll stop there lol
xion

Post by xion »

moonde stop all this none sense, i miss you
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

xion wrote:moonde stop all this none sense, i miss you
Stop with the lies xion! :)
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

Oh and the download and expansions are free. Booyah!
Ander

Post by Ander »

I like the Clear Skies vids Moonde, I'll check into the game too. I'll have you send me a trail if I decide to play.

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Tholia

convince T

Post by Tholia »

I'd play again. I like the economy and the scale. I _love_ the story about somebody paying real dollars to have someone else's character assassinated.

not so much of a fan of the social wasteland, autogenerated missions with no plot, scrabbling at the edges for stuff too small for the big guys to bother, or hours staring at a mining laser and a rock hoping not to be killed.

but that was six or seven years ago; surely it's all changed? but more importantly, can you convince T to try it? she does love her some mining...
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

Tholia wrote:I'd play again. I like the economy and the scale. I _love_ the story about somebody paying real dollars to have someone else's character assassinated.

not so much of a fan of the social wasteland, autogenerated missions with no plot, scrabbling at the edges for stuff too small for the big guys to bother, or hours staring at a mining laser and a rock hoping not to be killed.

but that was six or seven years ago; surely it's all changed? but more importantly, can you convince T to try it? she does love her some mining...
Name is Moonde if you decide to play again. Just shoot me a mail. I could probably get you in the corp, we're not to picky.

They've added quite a bit probably since you played last. Exploration and planet interaction just to name a few. Oh and you can walk around in your captains quarters as well(for what it's worth). Also, there's crazy cool avatar customization now.

I think I'll stop there before I make xion mad again :)