Classic WoW Server Chosen!!

News updates
Ander

Classic WoW Server Chosen!!

Post by Ander »

It has begun! Kind of.

We have officially picked our WoW Classic server: Atiesh. It's a normal PST server, just like Hyjal. WoW is now allowing people with an active sub to reserve their character names, so if there's a name you want, get on today! (Unless you're cheap, like me. I bet you wish your girlfriend was cheap like me...... wait...)

BUT CLASSIC WOW WITH THE ETERNAL IS BACK - YAY! :D

-Ander
Atelo

Re: Classic WoW Server Chosen!!

Post by Atelo »

Hey Ander, good to hear. Still not sure if I'll play yet... but if it's Classic WoW, shouldn't we be called Timeless or Strife?
We didn't become Eternals until BC.

Who is lined up to play?
Ander

Post by Ander »

Tahiti, and I think Shadow, Wolfane, and Eric are in. T would know more people. Eric is only in if someone levels for him lol. XD

Also, a couple of things in this video are so clutch, I never even knew some of this stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRjdSITsk-Y

That light of elune is OP. Also, did we ever use the nightfall axe to increase spell damage on a raid boss by 15%??? That's nuts. NUTS.

-Ander

P.S. NUTS.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

So, do we have to somehow field 40 people for a raid still? I wonder if that's even possible these days.

I seem to remember using the light of Elune a few times for 10s invulnerability. I think I still have some in my inventory.
I also have a vague memory of using a Nightfall axe, but we never had a lot of spellcasters to make it worth while.. increasing my, Atreu and Poobah's dps wasn't worth it when you have 17 rogues and 8 warriors.
Ander

Post by Ander »

Oh yeah, that's a good point about spellcasters in our guild. We should have called our guild "Legend of the Rogues".

We will again have to field 40 peeps if we want to raid. They're trying to stay faithful to the vanilla experience for the classic version, even to the point of slowly rolling out dungeons, raids, and pvp battlegrounds. So when classic releases, you won't be able to do Dire Maul, or even pvp in a battleground. From what I remember, they're even planning on rolling out the honor system at a later date, so that everything gives people a sense of progression.

I know that they're working on classic WotLK and BC servers, and that there's even talk of adding new content to vanilla if it's really popular. Blizz has nothing else going for them right now, so why not? XD

-Ander
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Interesting.. I thought they would release classic WoW as it was just before BC with all raids available.

Does this mean we get the infamous loot bug again where we run around the whole map in the loot position, but unable to loot anything? That was some great classic WoW experience.
Col

Post by Col »

The reason they don't release it all at once is that some of the later content was really meant as a catch up mechanic and so it can be used to skip content. Like you can probably do the later raids with just ZG and DM gear plus whatever resist gear.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

I have been busy leveling my Druid. It's been fun.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Ameerah and I are playing some as well, just casually.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Level 20 now, finally have blink and blizzard and I feel like a mage again. Slow going for us!