RECIPE Thread

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Astarra

Post by Astarra »

omg, we have a recipe thread? I'm loving this guild right now !!
That Asparagus soup sounds amazing.
and funny, I add mushrooms, sausage, and green peppers to my Lasagna and ALWAYS Ricotta cheese...keeps it from being watery.
shadowrage

jucy lucy

Post by shadowrage »

omg I saw this on the food network thismoring and I can't get it out of my head it's called a Jucy Lucy which is pretty much a beef patty witch American cheese in side of it.
http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/200 ... oosey.html
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Tahiti

Share with me your turkey day traditions

Post by Tahiti »

Ok so I just moved and have this amazing kitchen! So I am cooking the turkeyday feast at my place. Are there any special family recipes you all do, that I should try out? I normally just grab a receipt off the net. Which is what I did for the turkey last year. I need turkey receipt, stuffing (which I hate and the hubby loves so I have to make it), and sides. Family tradition is mashed taters and gravy, green bean casserole, black olives (that you have to fit over the tips of your fingers on one hand before consuming), and pie. I have the sides down but willing to see other receipts/suggestions.

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Chancee

Post by Chancee »

Peanut oil, outsider burner and fry the turkey... If you're never had a fried turkey you are seriously missing out on some yummy thanksgiving turkey... and yes defrost the thing first and deep fry it outside... you'll be amazed.
Erico

Post by Erico »

Chancee wrote:Peanut oil, outsider burner and fry the turkey... If you're never had a fried turkey you are seriously missing out on some yummy thanksgiving turkey... and yes defrost the thing first and deep fry it outside... you'll be amazed.
Most fires around this time are cause by trying to fry turkeys. take her advice and do it outside!
WORLD OF LOGS #1's

Force choking the shit out of bitches!
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

Chancee wrote:Peanut oil, outsider burner and fry the turkey... If you're never had a fried turkey you are seriously missing out on some yummy thanksgiving turkey... and yes defrost the thing first and deep fry it outside... you'll be amazed.
I use a cooker called the Big Easy, made by Charbroil. It gets the same result as a fried turkey, but without the serious tendency to set the house ablaze, since it has no oil. Without the oil, it also means you can put whatever marinade, herbs, etc you would like in or on the turkey. I've used mine for about a year now on turkeys and chickens. I shove the probe of a digital thermometer deep into the breast, near but not touching the bone, set the digital readout on a plastic crate facing a nearby window, and check it every once in awhile. When it hits 160 F, I wait five minutes, remove the turkey, let it sit on a cutting board - for the juices to redistribute - for 15 minutes under foil, then cut. Viola. Great turkey. Plus, not putting the turkey in the oven, means you can use the oven for other things. Like cake.

Oh, and this side is almost a dessert until itself. Sweet potato casserole with pecan and brown sugar topping. And really easy to make.
http://southernfood.about.com/od/sweetp ... 50823e.htm
Somegirl

Post by Somegirl »

Ah I'm glad you brought that up T. I want to make some good ole comfort food--caserol, biscuits n gravy, cornbread, etc... Yeh I could look it up online but I'd rather get the recipe from someone who has an opinion on how it will come out. I want to know your favorite must-have ingredients that make it tasty.
Chardo

Dr.Pepper Baby Back Ribs

Post by Chardo »

Im no cook by any means but I've received tons of compliments on my ribs.

1 -large pot
1 -rack of baby back ribs
1 -white onion cut into 4 pieces
5 -cloves of onion crushed
1 -tables spoon of liquid smoke
1 -2 liter Dr.Pepper ( not diet or cherry will taste like crap! )
1 - Your favorite bbq sauce ( I find it taste better with a chipoltle bbq sauce )

Cut ribs to your serving size. I like to cut them in 6in wide servings

Place your ribs in pot filled with Dr. Pepper, onion cut into quarters along with your 5 crushed garlic cloves and simmer for 1hour. Occasionally stir

After hour long simmer ribs should be very tender and ready to bake- Pre heat oven at 350

Remove ribs from pot and place on cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.

Generously apply your bbq sauce on both sides and slide in oven for 30 min

After 30 min at 350 your ribs should be fall off the bone delicious!
Chardo

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Post by Chardo »

My wifes Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

* 1 stick salted butter, room temperature (or 1/2 stick butter and 1/2 cup canola/safflower oil)
* ½ cup brown sugar (I’ve used ½ cup white sugar if no brown sugar is available)
* 1 large egg
* 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* ½ cup non-fat sour cream
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350oF. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In separate bowl, mix mashed bananas, egg, sour cream and vanilla until well blended. Next, stir in banana mixture into creamed butter and sugar. Add sifted baking soda and flour. Mix everything until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake in two lightly greased 9x5 loaf pans for approximately 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.