Legacy Servers

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Bees

Re: Legacy Servers

Post by Bees »

i just moved the forums to a new server and upgraded the software a couple of weeks ago - glad to see it still works :D
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Bees wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:21 pm
i just moved the forums to a new server and upgraded the software a couple of weeks ago - glad to see it still works :D
Thanks Bees! Much appreciated. Hope all is well with you?
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

Bees! 😍

Also, who all plans to play Classic WoW?
Bees

Post by Bees »

I don't play much wow since i had a kid, but i might give it a go. Huge grinds ahead
Ander

Post by Ander »

I'd probably be down for that if the guild was going to get back into vanilla. I've actually messed around with the Light's Hope (Elysium) server https://lightshope.org/. I think I got to like lvl 27 or something haha. It was fun, but it would be infinitely more fun with guildies!

I don't know what the end-game would be though. I seriously doubt that we're going to want to raid MC more than once for nostalgia sake. I sure as bleep don't. I would probably end up pvping a bunch at 60.

But yeah, technically, if we wanted to we could all go make toons on the Light's Hope server for free and do this right now. I wouldn't recommend it, though; you never know when those huge private servers are going to get shut down. But I like the idea!!

-Ander
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Ander! What's up? I thought you were done with WoW for good! Hope all is well with you.

If I was going to play, I'd do it on the official server. Blizz has been cracking down on privates for a while and I'd hate for all that grinding to go to waste.

Any plans to return for the next expansion? I played some in this last xpac and it was fun, couldn't raid with guildies but fun to play around after so many years.

So who all is that interested now? Hypnos, Col, Boryn, Myztic, Dart, Bilo, Bees, Ander, Anti..... looks like the guild would have to be named Strìfe or maybe Tìmeless.

I was recently talking to somebody about how the culture of WoW has changed. Today apparently players are all for themselves as was evidenced by a recent top Guild having drama with one player DDoSing another player offline to get his raid spot. I mentioned that in Vanilla our guild was more about guild progression and asside from that time Jassaris wouldn't get the hell out of BWL, most of our guildies were willing to give up raid spots to the best geared or most needed classes for progression with minimal drama.

I commented that changed when we turned to a casual guild in Eternal where if people didn't get in, they got angry and caused drama.

In terms of raid spots, I found there was less drama in Vanilla & BC. This is before flexi raids of course. I think the fact that this many old timers still stay in touch after 12 years helps prove my point.
Col

Post by Col »

Pretty sure we still gave dkp credit to people that stepped out and it's not like people got loot on a daily basis back then. Nowadays it's a personal loot bukake so maybe that's part of it...
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Col wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:52 am
Pretty sure we still gave dkp credit to people that stepped out and it's not like people got loot on a daily basis back then. Nowadays it's a personal loot bukake so maybe that's part of it...
Yeah we gave on time bonuses, and stepping out bonuses so you could earn both. The loot is definitely too easy to get now. You can get all purples just from quests now. Maybe not the best purples, but still purple. Gone are the days when people would stop to inspect you in Ironforge with envy haha
Ander

Post by Ander »

I like how this video sums up raiding guilds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDRt_QwJfU

Ahhhhhh, brings back memories. Also, BBCode, why are you not working, I need to embed videos!! ;-;

-Ander
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Ander wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 pm
I like how this video sums up raiding guilds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDRt_QwJfU

Ahhhhhh, brings back memories. Also, BBCode, why are you not working, I need to embed videos!! ;-;

-Ander
Ander! How's it going?? Been a long time man...

That video... we paid for guild repairs, but apparently we should have been taxing everyone to join the raid haha
"Send 20g to join raid..."

Kalais would have never been able to come.

It definitely brings back memories.

Are you back playing WoW at all Ander? Last I heard you were done for good.

PS: Ameerah says Hi.