G 15 Keyboard

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
grimlinn

G 15 Keyboard

Post by grimlinn »

I have had this for a while, but i have not really utilized it, can anyone help me out to maximize this keyboard. Thanks for the help.
Lebec

Post by Lebec »

As far as wow is concerned, other than the seeing your stats and what not, which I'm assuming you have activated, you can see vent activity. I think you have to download the dev version of vent and then activate it. Comes in handy when your on vent with peeps you don't know.
BF2142 installs a profile also, that keeps track of your kills and other stats. I'm sure there's other similar games that are like that. Anyways, I'm not sure what else is possible with it, but would be interested in knowing myself. Too lazy to research it :)
Punji

Post by Punji »

lazy bastards...

Vent and Teamspeak both have builtins for the LCD display.. so you can see who's talking, entering/leaving the channel. (Vent is as easy as just checking the G15 Keyboard Box, under Vent Settings)

WoW: You can program the 12 Macro Keys to the left side. What is unique is that you can actually Macro in multiple keystrokes with a delay built in. (damm global cooldowns) Unfortunately you have to use the crappy Logitech software to program delays with macros... (you can use notepad and edit profiles that way if you would like)

Example: Killing stuff... I have one Macro Key that..
Sends Pet
Hunters Mark
Auto Shoots
DoT Sting
Arcane Shot
Multishot
Desari

Post by Desari »

The macro capability is great. I recall Frendab posting a couple of macros with respect to the paladin abilities that I've used quite often when my pally was Ret-spec'd. Due to my respecing her to Holy and Blizzard's implementation of LUA 2.1.1 (more specifically, the Secured UI aspect of LUA), those macros don't work any more. Nevertheless, I've set up one G-key (M3: G18) to pop my ZHC, cast Divine Favour then Holy Shock for a nice crit heal/spell damage output. I figure it'd come in handy for those times when I'm in dire need of the trinket's healing bonus.

So long as the abilities you want used are keybound, as Punji has stated, use the Logitech software to create a keystroke sequence macro. It'll even record timed delays in the keystrokes so, in the case of my hunter, I'd set up a sting/shot sequence as follow:

- cast Hunter's Mark on target: key press and depress recorded.
- cast Aimed Shot: key press and depress recorded.
- cast Arcane Shot: 3 second delay, key press and depress recorded.
- cast Multishot: 1.5 second delay, key press and depress recorded.

this whole sequence done with one G-key macro. :)

Of course the aforementioned sequence would eat mana at max rank, but it'd only be used as a single target opener where I find quiite often that when my Aimed Shot crits, my Arcane Shot will crit too and the Multishot is thrown in for good measure. ;)

I'm not sure how you'd manipulate a sequence of events for a rogue. But if there' anything that requires a time delay, ensure that you have Record delays between events checked, else it'd try to cast everything in rapid succession resulting in a "Spell not ready" error warning.
:+: Dez :+:

Lebec

Post by Lebec »

Punji wrote:lazy bastards...

Example: Killing stuff... I have one Macro Key that..
Sends Pet
Hunters Mark
Auto Shoots
DoT Sting
Arcane Shot
Multishot
Geesh...and you call us lazy? :)
grimlinn

Post by grimlinn »

any suggestions for a mage, and mind you I never took the time to learn how to do macros other then
/assist pez.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Experian wrote:Geesh...and you call us lazy? :)
Busted haha.
Call me Ron
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

i am honoured that i was mentioned in this epic thread

thank you

-pez
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
Punji

Post by Punji »

Experian wrote:Geesh...and you call us lazy? :)
HAHA yeah... once you start encoding the delays using the "wonderful" logitech Macro interface you will see what I'm talking about.
Frendab

Post by Frendab »

Tell me what you want the macro / keyboard to do and I'll tell you how to do it. I have the G15 as well and have made many a macro for it. I also know somewhat how to use the new macro commands since I was in the Alpha and Beta for a while.
I would update my post with macro's but I can no longer access that part of the site so I can't and I'm glad someone found it useful. :p

Off the top of my head the judgement of command re seal macro would go something like this now:

/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of Command(Rank 5)
There can be only one.
Frendab's Profile