The Timeless Split

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Ander

The Timeless Split

Post by Ander »

I know a lot of you have had questions about why Timeless split so I am making this post to provide some well deserved answers. As all of you have certainly become aware we have had a number of members quit the guild lately one small group at a time. This has come to a critical point, climaxing when Amarie left the guild and we were rendered unable to raid Karazhan.... being a 10 man instance this was more then distressing. This coupled with expanding internal issues many of us felt that we had reached the point of no return, either we take what may our final chance to re-organize together as a guild or watch the guild slowly unravel ultimately forcing us all to go our separate ways if we wanted to continue raiding. We decided not to let that happen. The fact of the matter is we are over qualified to be blowing Karazhan away right now and there is no reason we should lay down, let our guild die, and be split from our friends because of some simple restructuring issues. Much the same way Strife was forced to reform due to issues strikingly similar to these and then went on to be a shining success and a server progression titan as Timeless, so it seems to be time to reform again if we plan to stick together and I along with the people in our new guild are committed to doing just that.
Let me state and restate here that this is not about feuds and infighting this is about sticking together and having fun with the new content instead of dieing out and there is no one, no one, who is not welcome and we have made this very clear to everyone involved.
Our new guild is called "The A Team" we thought this would be a fun tongue-in-cheek poking fun at some of the silliness that has gone on in our guild recently, it's good to laugh at ourselves sometimes right? So look at our guild past, present, and future to decide for yourself if you feel the same as we do, if you are interested in reforming talk to our new GM Tahiti. If you have any questions, you can talk to us or you can comment here, keep in mind however we are not going to get involved extensive arguments about private issues, some of us have our disagreements, that is natural, but there are no hard feelings from any of us toward any other. This is about the healing of Timeless, I hope I see you soon I am missing a lot of you already.

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Ty for posting Ander I could not have said it any better myself. Again you are all welcome. PST for invites! /huggles T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Wasn't everyone /gkicked from Strife? I don't recall kicking anyone. By your analogy of "strikingly similar" I assume you are the Kain/Anomaly group? They are the ones who left and wanted to rip Strife asunder.

Its amazing how facts can be twisted even by stand up people like Ander. The small groups you mentioned were leaving due to a lack of respect from many of the "healers of Timeless" you are leaving with. You reap what you sew.

Good luck to you all.

Anti
Vote Yes on No!
Ander

Post by Ander »

I said there are similar issues I didn't say it's the exact same scenario with the same personalities involved, this is honestly what I believe and why so many of us left, I felt everyone, including you Anti, at least deserved to know why.

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

I guess I just don't see the similarities.
Vote Yes on No!
Ander

Post by Ander »

If that is the part of the post that is meaningfull to you then I will explain what I meant when I said:
Ander wrote:Much the same way Strife was forced to reform due to issues strikingly similar to these
At the time Strife was locked down a path that most of the members disagreed with. This was dude to policies and approaches that were in direct fundamental disagreement with the way you and I felt and in the end deemed irreconcilable, driving us to either accept going down a road we didn't want to go as we fragmented apart and ultimately split into every different guild on the server or reform under a new name with the same people. The choice was obvious. I do believe we even named our guild bank "conspiracy" to poke fun at some of the ridiculous drama that had been raging around previously.

No everything about the split is not the same and I did not intend to imply that in my comment. I don't remember us offering an open invite to everyone who was involved in the Strife split for one. This is genuine reform. We are sincere about this and we are serious about this. We simply disagree on some fundamental issues within the guild and as a contributing member who has spent hundreds of hours working with this guild, who has been here from beginning to end I have every right to do so. In the same since that you and I had every right to disagree with the way Strife was headed and the fate it was doomed to a little over one year ago.

That is what I meant when I said Strife was forced to reform over similar issues nothing more nothing less.

-Ander
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

My memory may be fading, but I recall a certain group leaving to form another guild and then the rest of us getting /gkicked. That's the main thing I remember. I'm not one to hold grudges though.

Anti
Vote Yes on No!
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Some of the officers of Strife wanted to remove the people they thought sucked in the guild. They left to form their own elite guild. They also didn't want to give up the Strife name, so they gkicked everyone.

It had nothing to do with the members disagreeing with the direction of the guild. In fact, most of the people wanted to remain in Strife, but the separatists happened to have GM status and refused to give it up. Timeless was formed from that.

In this case, you guys are the ones splitting off, no one was kicked and to compare Antilikos to Kain/Anomaly is kind of insulting to them. Anti is nothing like them. He's quiet and reserved and worked hard on things like dkp. He's a good officer and GM.

Conspiracy was named after the split from Out of Order when it was thought that Kain/Anomaly/Kaylia and others had been conspiring to steal members from the guild to form their own guild. Conspiracy had nothing to do with the Strife split. The second guild bank name, Treachery which holds potions was named after an event that was the catalyst for the Strife split - the officer vote between Frendab and Setro. There were other events too, not just this one though.

I just thought I'd chime in for historical purposes since the events were a little out of place, and I think Anti deserves credit for what he has worked on. Comparing him to the old Strife officers is just wrong.
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Antilikos wrote:
The small groups you mentioned were leaving due to a lack of respect from many of the "healers of Timeless" you are leaving with. You reap what you sew.

Anti
Well as of now we have Myself, Ander, Pog, Bria (not healing now) and Gunn. So I really would like to see how this is so esp. when ppl like ixaon come to me saying he left the guild to feel more needed not because of Gunn like you and the other officers assumed. The others left because they were here for loot and reformed a guild that is now kicking timeless's ass in guild progression. Who by the way want to join us so we can do 25 man runs. Those healers must really be terrible ppl. So yes Anti we will reap what we sew!
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Ander

Post by Ander »

Ander wrote:
No everything about the split is not the same and I did not intend to imply that in my comment.
And I'm not comparing anyone to anyone, infact I am linking Anti with myself if you read my post.

-Ander