Which Healing class as an Alt?

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Punji

Which Healing class as an Alt?

Post by Punji »

So yeah, I initially started to re-roll a priest that has Fearward (currently have a level 62 NE Priest), but after hearing much talk and seeing posts on other forums about how Palidans & Resto Shammy rule the healing world, I am undecided now.

My priest is level 28ish. A Spacegirl since they have too many good racials; Inspiring presence, group mana regen, and fear ward.

But.. think I should abandon her and do a Palidan or Resto Shammy?

Input needed from those with healing mains.

thanks,
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

Trade ya Eadres for Punji.
Crabtech

Post by Crabtech »

Go shammy
Canadiana

Post by Canadiana »

from what Ive seen, resto shamans are pretty cool
Punji

Post by Punji »

Eadres wrote:Trade ya Eadres for Punji.
But Punji Likes to attend raids....
Crabtech wrote:Go shammy
You need to go frost to stop dieing...
Canadiana wrote:from what Ive seen, resto shamans are pretty cool
I am assuming that for Group/Raid Healing Chain Heal is effective.. but very inefficient. A resto shammy spamming chain healing, needs lots of support... Blessing of wisdom, Judgment, and/or shadow priest.

I am trying to look at the big picture (Kara and 25-mans) and possible utility/ future for the guild. (would rather bring swap in as a healer alt, versus raids being called)

Where's Morienus's comments!
fonebone

Post by fonebone »

I might as well get Lucias up to par then.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
Sheepme

Post by Sheepme »

You could TRY to be as leet as me and Windy and roll drood
Punji

Post by Punji »

Sheepme wrote:You could TRY to be as leet as me and Windy and roll drood
Sorry Feral Druid is the next on my list after healer. (well I am sorta alternating leveling druid / priest right now)

I have access to my wifes Druid.. while fun.. I just don't feel comfortable being a MT healer with the long Healing touch timer.

5 mans/ heroics.. Treeform and HOTs no problem.. its just I'm not good with druid MT healing in a Raid format. (done almost every boss as a druid in kara)
Canadiana

Post by Canadiana »

I am assuming that for Group/Raid Healing Chain Heal is effective.. but very inefficient. A resto shammy spamming chain healing, needs lots of support... Blessing of wisdom, Judgment, and/or shadow priest.

I am trying to look at the big picture (Kara and 25-mans) and possible utility/ future for the guild. (would rather bring swap in as a healer alt, versus raids being called)

Where's Morienus's comments!
Group healing isnt that efficient for priests either tbh. Prayer of healing rank 5 (lvl 68) costs 1255 mana to cast. Dont compare healing to the group healing, look at the other benefits.
Punji

Post by Punji »

Canadiana wrote:Group healing isnt that efficient for priests either tbh. Prayer of healing rank 5 (lvl 68) costs 1255 mana to cast. Dont compare healing to the group healing, look at the other benefits.
But a priest has the option of group/raid healing via Flash heals and Renews, which if more efficent than PoH.

I see the prime benefit for Chain Heal, is that it jumps to players that are in need of a heal (i think thats how this mechanic works).

I think the main benefit from a priest, is the flexibility to either MT heal or group/raid heal.

Where Shammy's excel with Group heals and Palidans excel with MT healing with their +spell crit, speed of cast, and "never ending" mana pool.

But the downside to a priest is group/raid buffs are Fort and SPI only. Where as shammys have totems, and palidans have blessings.

So *shrug* still undecided... :)

Canadiana - if you were to re-roll a healer again.. would it be a priest? if so why, if not.. why?