bored at work

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
grimlinn

Post by grimlinn »

Believe it or not my job is not a taster and is actually quite demanding I use to raid much more but the job has been pretty tough. So I am looking forward to playing. All the officers have known about it but I can't wait to see more of SSC and TK.
Pono

Post by Pono »

See I come back from lunch and this thread has come to life.

Fun Fact: I am the youngest of 8 kids ( including a twin that was born 56 minutes before I was).
Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.
~Karl Marx

Palani: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&n=Palani

Lalani: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&n=Lalani
Cassity

Post by Cassity »

Pono wrote:See I come back from lunch and this thread has come to life.

long lunch?

and i thought grim just liked beer... a lot.. =)
Because she moves her body like a cyclone

*~The Chick with the Accent~*

[15:54] wookiegt4002: sry if i have to ask, you can go blonde without notice
[13:13] wookiegt4002: good thing youre blonde and dont get things sometimes
[11:43] wookiegt4002: youre being blonde and i dont get your blonde problems
Somegirl

Post by Somegirl »

Most of the dough ended up on the ceiling because my cousins and I found it more entertaining to toss it up there than bake it. The first batch I burned a little. They were ashy cookies, but I think they turned out ok.

Yep! I have two betas as well. I've never made them fight, though I've been tempted.
Pono

Post by Pono »

Cassity wrote:long lunch?

and i thought grim just liked beer... a lot.. =)
Yes it was a buisness lunch so I sat and listened to a bunch of men in expensive suits talk about their boats and summer houses all so I can "network". However the cashew crusted Tilapia was delicious.
Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.
~Karl Marx

Palani: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&n=Palani

Lalani: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&n=Lalani
Cassity

Post by Cassity »

Pono wrote:Yes it was a buisness lunch so I sat and listened to a bunch of men in expensive suits talk about their boats and summer houses all so I can "network". However the cashew crusted Tilapia was delicious.
i love those long lunches! i dont get a lot of them though =/
Because she moves her body like a cyclone

*~The Chick with the Accent~*

[15:54] wookiegt4002: sry if i have to ask, you can go blonde without notice
[13:13] wookiegt4002: good thing youre blonde and dont get things sometimes
[11:43] wookiegt4002: youre being blonde and i dont get your blonde problems
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

I find it entertaining to find out about you guys. Good shit.

Windi, I am a reader too. (A rare breed. You don't see us much anymore.) My personal book collection sits near 1000. Probably 250 Hardbacks and the rest cheap paperbacks that I pick up. I try to read at least one new book a week. Sometimes I will read 5 or 6.

My favorite (Or at least most read) book is Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Funny, as I can't stand his other work.

I also have an online book collection (PDFs/Text files) that covers all of my favorite Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels. I use it when I travel on my laptop. But what I really want is one of those new Kindles. Perfect for me.

I grew up in Grand Junction, CO. Spent 18 years there. Did band in H.S. (Holla at the marching band S.g.) and I still play percussion to this day. Been in the AF for 4 1/2 years. 6 months in training (San Antonio, Biloxi MS.) then 2 years in Okinawa, and 2 years here in Virginia.

Last fun fact: Both of my parents were drug dealers/hippie musicians. Rock on!
Call me Ron
hachi

Post by hachi »

Wow, Dart.. that's probably one of my top two books as well.. and I too cant stand his NS's other works...odd. The other fave is probably the Princess Bride. Good movie, great book.

My typical day consists of tiny "work" periods sandwiched around my long lunches. HR consulting ftw.

I usually talk to Naryu on the phone while Im supposed to be looking at client data.
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

I'm a huge reader as well, but now that I'm back in my old editing gig I find myself avoiding it as a pastime in my spare time. Its not so much that I'm telling the next Dickens using polysyndetons in such close proximity looks sloppy and reads poorly, but more along the lines of if i have to go through another ob/gyn textbook I'm going to stalk from office to cubicle to office shooting coworkers with a modified AR15 assault rifle.

Hey Grimm, If i get a Heineken label tattooed on the back of my skull, will that warrant free product?
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I am Canadian.