Politics: Or other things that don't matter

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.

Who do you want to win in November?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kalais

Post by Kalais »

don't be dissing on my chevys eadres them are fightin words. Yes Matt Damon is a tool.
"The OG Warrior"
Kalais

Post by Kalais »

haha can Matt Damon make himself look like a bigger ass, is it possible? That guy is a complete retard.
"The OG Warrior"
Preest

Post by Preest »

So you guys are saying someone who was a governor of a state 1/4 the size of Chicago (for less then 2 years) is ready to run the most powerful country on earth? Geez, if thats true I wonder what the Mayor of New York or the Governor or California could do...

Well, I guess she can see Russia from her from her bedroom window, so I guess she knows all about international relations...

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

Preest wrote:So you guys are saying someone who was a governor of a state 1/4 the size of Chicago (for less then 2 years) is ready to run the most powerful country on earth? Geez, if thats true I wonder what the Mayor of New York or the Governor or California could do...

Well, I guess she can see Russia from her from her bedroom window, so I guess she knows all about international relations...
Probably better than a former "community organizer" from Chicago, and someone who has been in the United States senate for less than two years and has spent most of that time campaigning for president. We also know what a California Governor can do as president, his name was Ronald Reagan.
Ander

Post by Ander »

Preest wrote:So you guys are saying someone who was a governor of a state 1/4 the size of Chicago (for less then 2 years) is ready to run the most powerful country on earth?
I am hoping you are talking about population because Alaska is by far the biggest state (in square miles) in the USA haha.

-Ander

P.S. I have to go with Ead... at least she actually ran something unlike the opposing presidential candidate.
Preest

Post by Preest »

But what about embracing the "Bridge to Nowhere" and once it became a political albatros, she flip-flops and opposes it but keeps the federal money... Or when she says she's an energy expert sighting that Alaska supplies 20% of the energy needs of the US but the real number is more along the lines of 3%... Or her statement about not asking for any federal earmarks, but Alaska get more earmark money per person then any other state. Or her refusal to give any time to the national media to interview her, aside from one with ABC and one with Fox News... Or her refusal to comply with a subpoena regarding "troopergate"....

Anyone else see a pattern here? And this is the person, who has anywhere between a 10% and 30% chance that she will have to finish McCain's first term for him.

Now I'm Canadian, and we traditionally have a more liberal view then those of you yanks. But even if you are a conservative, is this women the absolutely best qualified person to fill in as prez out of a country of more then 300 million people?? She's the best you got?

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Ander

Post by Ander »

Preest wrote:But even if you are a conservative, is this women the absolutely best qualified person to fill in as prez out of a country of more then 300 million people??
No, but like I said as little as she has it's still more then Obama. If it were me choosing for VP I would go with Romney he was a great governor and a great economist. The problem with people like that from McCain's standpoint is that they are old news and probably not going to help him win the election and excite people. Palin was a risky gambit on McCain's part but she will help draw the most votes in November no question.

-Ander
Kalais

Post by Kalais »

You keep throwing all these palin facts out there. But you apparently know nothing about obama cause he's less qualifed then she is. If you want to look at it from a expeirence standpoint.
"The OG Warrior"
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

I find it funny that people only attack Sara Palin, and have largely forgotten about John Mccain. Lets look at Obama for a minute. Did you know that he kicked off his senate campaign at his friend Bill Ayers house? Who is Bill Ayers? He is a man that was arrested in 1970 for conspiracy to bomb the New York federal building, the Pentagon, and did blow up a townhouse killing some political enemies. He was interviewed after the Sept. 11 attacks and stated he did not regret setting the bombs in the early 1970's and thought that he didn't do enough. He got off due to a technicality having to do with how he was surveilled. Obama's community organizing consisted of working for a group called Acorn, who registered people to vote. Acorn is now under inditement in several states for voter fraud. Anyone who knows Chicago politics knows how rampant voter fraud is in that city. The church that he went to for 25 years and the pastor that baptized his children and married he and his wife preaches black liberation theology. Black liberation theology is nothing but using a church or religion to introduce communism through the guise of religion.

As a state senator Obama voted "present" 130 times, is that leadership? He has been in the US senate for two years and has done nothing except campaign for president. But he can give a good speech.

Troopergate. Sarah Palins x brother in law admitted to tasering his 10 year old son and threatened to kill Governor Palin's father if her sister got a lawyer during their divorce. This man is still a state trooper. Everyone wants to jump on her supposed lack of experience when it can be argued that she has more executive experience as the vice presidential candidate that Barack Obama who is the other sides presidential candidate.

Bottom line: If you want to say Sarah Palin is not experienced enough to be president then you would have to agree that Barack Obama isn't experienced enough either. Big difference, Sarah Palin is the number two on the ticket behind John Mccain and Obama is the number one.

Also, if you want to disparage Alaska as a sparsely populated state guess what, Joe Biden's state of Delaware has the same number of electoral votes as the state of Alaska.
Kalais

Post by Kalais »

god damn Eadres 1 Preest 0. Kalais of course has 2 points. Sorry Ead i just had a lot more facts in my argument, tons more logic obviously.
"The OG Warrior"