Politics: Or other things that don't matter

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.

Who do you want to win in November?

You may select 1 option

View results

fonebone

Post by fonebone »

Preest wrote:But what about embracing the "Bridge to Nowhere" and once it became a political albatros, she flip-flops and opposes it but keeps the federal money... Or when she says she's an energy expert sighting that Alaska supplies 20% of the energy needs of the US but the real number is more along the lines of 3%... Or her statement about not asking for any federal earmarks, but Alaska get more earmark money per person then any other state. Or her refusal to give any time to the national media to interview her, aside from one with ABC and one with Fox News... Or her refusal to comply with a subpoena regarding "troopergate"....

Anyone else see a pattern here? And this is the person, who has anywhere between a 10% and 30% chance that she will have to finish McCain's first term for him.

Now I'm Canadian, and we traditionally have a more liberal view then those of you yanks. But even if you are a conservative, is this women the absolutely best qualified person to fill in as prez out of a country of more then 300 million people?? She's the best you got?
Effing canuck tool! seriously this is what you are worried about? who remebers last election and the flip flopping of Kerry? I agree that she is trying to say what we want to hear, less gov spending more realistic ways to save money. oh well but, seriously between that, the trooper crap and the fact that she has not had any "experience" is all starting to get really repitiative.

I would like to belive that people are sick and tired of the same shit over and over and over again. Bush, clinton, bush (AUGH!) 4 years ago, sarah was doing the same thing you, Eadres, Assara, Daiji, and I were doing: Working our asses off to provide for ourselves or families. who do you want representing you? someone that has a 7 mil house and gives good lip service(Obama)? someone with 7 homes that helps people get ahead ocasionaly (McCain)? and I have no clue to what Biden does but, the point here is that they are all out of touch of what the working man does and how they want to be represented. True she doesnt have the experience working with foriegn countries, who gives a F***! she can hire people to help her do that. thats what obama did.

yes matt damon is a tool. the fact that people listen to his opinion because he is famous makes me sick. if you dont know what you are talking about and you are going to influence that many people to need to stfu!

the earmarks are pretty funning imo. true per person she asked for 10 times more than illinois. but we also have a state 10 times the size with at least 20 times less population.

now, would Obama, or McCain talk about thier opinion about a side of a story before a rulling came out? would you? Liberal, conservitive I dont give a crap. I really hope McCain kicks the bucket in office so we have a chance of someone that I can relate to rather than the same old shit!

I also think that Obama will get shot if he goes into office anyways so really it is down to the VP's. I still go with Palin.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I like beer.

Wait.. what? Assara?
Kalais

Post by Kalais »

haha fone your are silly. I would really really hate to see Palin has president before she gets some type of experience. I actually think its quite a scary thought to have her as president. I'd much rather have Biden. I think he's a total badass. I say fuck em all and let ARNOLD run. Our economy would probably turn to even more shit and we'd go into even more debt. BUT WE WOULD TERMINATE CANADA ONCE AND FOR ALL! Also you couldn't fuck with his campaign 4 years later to be reelected which would be I'LL BE BACK. He wouldn't be asking you to revote him in. He'd be telling you, would you tell arnold no? didn't think so. Haha just trying to make light on the situation stop freaking out people, preest is obviously badly informed on the situation and fonebone is gonna completely blow his top if he keeps this up. Deep breathes fone christ, think of your kids. You can't go raging on like that your liable to have a heart attack. Also has Atelo been drinking? Pretty sure he'd be a funny as shit drunk guy.
"The OG Warrior"
Ander

Post by Ander »

I just have to say that you guys are WAY off about Matt Damon. OK not only is he way smarter then any of the rest of us cause he plays in movies but I think his views are a breath of fresh air. I mean this is the kind of paraplegic anti-God rambling that our society has been missing since mine comp. We clearly need to find all the Christians and Jews who are holding public office and kick them out! I mean these people make decisions that affect our lives!!

I think we can all agree on the common sense solution to this: from this point forward only ACLU approved atheists can run for office. With the new government controlled by the all atheist party we will soon be able to rid our society of all these God believers, after all they are the problem! In conclusion Damon is the only brave and honest enough to admit that Sarah Palin would cry if she ever meet Putin, go to too many hockey games, and then freak out and fire all our nukes. I always thought that anti-religious bigotry and ignorance would subside a little after Hitler puckered up to a pistol but now I'm reassured that it's alive and well! Good job Matt!

-Ander
Preest

Post by Preest »

Ok, vote for the person who you want to have a beer with... Look where it's gotten you the last 8 years...

When Clinton left office, the US was expieriencing economic prosparity and was in good standing in the world... Now where are you guys?

- Nationalizing Freddy Mac and Fanny May for $200 billion, just dropped another $85 billion on AIG, and a 150 year old company (Lehman Brothers) goes bankrupt in the span of what, 3 weeks??
- the US is running record deficits which your kids and grandkids are going to be ending up paying for...
- record setting foreclosures rates
- no energy policy with record gas prices
- 604k jobs lost last year

Not to mention that the US economy traditionally fairs better under Democratic leadership... Bush 2.0 ran your economy in to the ground, Bush 1.0 left you guys in a heck of a recession, and Regan who trippled your national deficit.

Now I dont care if you vote McCain or Obama... Something stinks down there and you guys and the people you elect have got to fix it and fix it soon. And I'm not only talking about your political situation, but also your monetary system as well.

Now I noted some harsh tones with some of you and I just want to tell you guys I'm not a US hater.... I have a ton of family down there, we are each other's largest trading partners, and we share a lot of the same culture. But I really am worried that, to me, it seems that Americans vote against their best interests over and over again.

PS - I'd also like to point out that your "founding fathers" where VERY secular. What ever happened to separation between church and state? What ever happened to "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"? Congratulations on being the only Christian fundamentalist theocracy in the world! :)

VOTE RON PAUL!!!

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Preest wrote:...Something stinks down there...
It was fonebone. Mexican food doesn't sit well with him.
fonebone

Post by fonebone »

Atelo wrote:It was fonebone. Mexican food doesn't sit well with him.
although it is pretty tasty!

Ander, that was classic.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

I'm sorry, but if you actually think Palin is in any way qualified for the job you are sorely misguided. The only reason she has been considered for VP is her stance on abortion (and being a woman, though that has no bearing on actual politics), and to think otherwise is to only make a fool of yourself.

If you feel that strongly about abortion by all means vote for her, but do not pretend for a second that she is capable of leading this nation when she doesn't even know what the second-in-charge does.
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

ascanius wrote:I'm sorry, but if you actually think Palin is in any way qualified for the job you are sorely misguided. The only reason she has been considered for VP is her stance on abortion (and being a woman, though that has no bearing on actual politics), and to think otherwise is to only make a fool of yourself.

If you feel that strongly about abortion by all means vote for her, but do not pretend for a second that she is capable of leading this nation when she doesn't even know what the second-in-charge does.
Also by what stretch is Obama qualified?
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

Preest wrote:Ok, vote for the person who you want to have a beer with... Look where it's gotten you the last 8 years...

When Clinton left office, the US was expieriencing economic prosparity and was in good standing in the world... Now where are you guys?

- Nationalizing Freddy Mac and Fanny May for $200 billion, just dropped another $85 billion on AIG, and a 150 year old company (Lehman Brothers) goes bankrupt in the span of what, 3 weeks??
- the US is running record deficits which your kids and grandkids are going to be ending up paying for...
- record setting foreclosures rates
- no energy policy with record gas prices
- 604k jobs lost last year

Not to mention that the US economy traditionally fairs better under Democratic leadership... Bush 2.0 ran your economy in to the ground, Bush 1.0 left you guys in a heck of a recession, and Regan who trippled your national deficit.

Now I dont care if you vote McCain or Obama... Something stinks down there and you guys and the people you elect have got to fix it and fix it soon. And I'm not only talking about your political situation, but also your monetary system as well.

Now I noted some harsh tones with some of you and I just want to tell you guys I'm not a US hater.... I have a ton of family down there, we are each other's largest trading partners, and we share a lot of the same culture. But I really am worried that, to me, it seems that Americans vote against their best interests over and over again.

PS - I'd also like to point out that your "founding fathers" where VERY secular. What ever happened to separation between church and state? What ever happened to "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"? Congratulations on being the only Christian fundamentalist theocracy in the world! :)

VOTE RON PAUL!!!
I am no George Bush fan, but you cannot attribute all that crap to him, there is also a congress that has quite a lot to do with regulation. The boards of directors of Fanny and Freddy are full of former Clinton administration officials. The bailout in my opinion is ridiculous. Preest I should think federal bailouts would be something you might like, you seem to love nationalized portions of the private sector. Lehman brothers bankrupt and AIG? It is their own fault. They invested in packages of extremely high risk mortgages. They lost. We should not bail them out.
Energy policy. Obama says oil drilling is a failed policy of the past. Not drilling oil 7-10 years ago is the failed policy of the past. Republicans didn't open anything to drilling and a democrat controlled congress is standing in the way now. That is a failed energy policy.

It kills me that you attribute foreclosure rates to George Bush. I guess it couldn't be the fact that lending institutions were lending money to people like drunken sailors, without regard to decent credit scores, income verification etc. Also, hundreds of thousands of adjustable rate mortgages that people could initially afford with low interest rates, but when those rates adjusted up for the first time those people could no longer afford their mortgage. Is this George Bush's fault? Or would it be you and a mortgage companies fault that you signed a mortgage that you couldn't afford?