Politics: Or other things that don't matter

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.

Who do you want to win in November?

You may select 1 option

View results

fonebone

Post by fonebone »

Ander: Not only does he take on 4 post at once, he does it well! Just a few things I would like to add.
ascanius wrote: I see that as one of most significant reasons why Palin is a reason not vote for McCain. McCain has been around long enough to understand the good the bad and the ugly, but Palin would be almost blindly following her cabinet's and advisors positions. Do we really need another sock puppet leading our nation? Talk about a bloodless coup...
this is where you are mistaken. A lot of people here thought that she would do the same with our legestlatior but, in the end she ended up getting them to get in shape and start taking more responsiblities for thier actions. She was able to get the right people in for the jobs that were abused during the last gov, and called people out when she saw stuff that was effed up. I see her going in, assesing the situation and then laying down the law. well, at least what law she can lay down.
ascanius wrote: I think its a bad sign for someone who wants to decide national policy to fail at her own personal policy. She doesn't believe in Sex education in school (from what I've read), and stresses parental involvement. As someone who should be following her own advice, her daughter should have been well aware of the consequences of unprotected sex. What I meant by emergency contraceptives (and shmashmotion), is that even had something gone terribly awry (such as a broken condom [which happens to everyone at some point]) an informed child should have been aware of the morning after pill and know it isn't some kind of abortion. Seeing as how she is pregnant, I can only see her failure as something to become much more widespread if her views are to be made public policy.
I think we are going to end up to agree to disagree on this point. you hold Sarah responsible as I do but, to a point. In the end it was her daughter that made the choice and it is her daughter that should be held responsible for it. again I ask you about if or when you have a kid and she comes back pregnant after you have been teaching her about safe sex; what would you do? Are you going to blame your wife for not teaching her about safe sex or are you going to support your daughter? I want to add to this that she is still following her doctorine about supporting her kids no matter how tough it gets. how ofter do we see that kids get pregnant and either give up the kids, or live off of welfare?

Some christians do look at the morning after pill as an abortion.
ascanius wrote: That guys article/speech/whatever is terrible. He has no overriding theme or message, and comes off like an ass. At least I was trying to make a point. He should stick to Thelonious Monk and stay away from the keyboard (zing?).

awsome, just awsome. I had to repost this in another conversation I was having for people supporting that kind of crap. its just amazing what will be a good idea of supporting one canidate over the other. I can post what one guy wrote up about it later. It was a good read as well.
ascanius wrote:

McCain has voted along party lines 95% of the time, he is no Maverick or cooperative force. I'm goign to echo Anti, there is nothing wrong with partisan politics, the struggle makes even the smallest voices (votes) necessary and wanted. Everyone clamoring for some unifying political force are just asking for some kind of Hitler or Emperor Palpatine to take the helm
I echo anti here as well but, that does not mean I still want a Bi-partisan. why cant we have 4 parties, maybe 8. something where the people can still decide who it comes down to and then have a run off instead of the 2 sides trying to represent all.

excelent job on the repost Asscan. a really good read. I am looking forward to your post as well as the rest of you that are participating in this thread. its nice to have something great to read rather than the same type of bullshit.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
Ander

Post by Ander »

That is all.

-Ander
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Ander wrote:Image
That is all.

-Ander
I don't even know who that is... looks like John Ritter.
Ander

Post by Ander »

That is John Edwards, John Kerry's 04' running mate. Ironically he got caught mating with one of his campaign runners after his failed bid for the '08 democratic nomination.

It was quite the scandal here in the states as he apparently knocked this chick up (though he blames it on a staff member) while his wife was fighting cancer. So yeah an all around good guy.

-Ander
Mihito

Post by Mihito »

Ander wrote:. . . It was quite the scandal here in the states as he apparently knocked this chick up (though he blames it on a staff member) while his wife was fighting cancer. So yeah an all around good guy.

-Ander
Pfft, this pales in comparison with Newt Gingrich's dastardly deeds. He married his highschool math teacher (started seeing her while in highschool) and as soon as he gets into Congress, he files for divorce. His soon to be ex-wife is diagnosed with cancer and needs aggressive chemotherapy (painful from what I've heard). So lo and behold Gingrich visits his wife one day after surgery to remove some of the cancer. His visit wasn't to wish her well or see how she was doing, but to bug her about signing the divorce papers! Once divorced, he refused to pay child support. His now ex-wife Jackie had to take him to court to get him to pay it.

Basically, this guy is about the biggest total douche there is. A full list of his less than memorable deeds can be found here. That's why I love politics. You can't make up some of the outrageous stuff that goes on here...

Mateo
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

Conspiracy time. Reptilians or Illuminati. Discuss.
hachi

Post by hachi »

Scientologists. duh.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

hachi wrote:Scientologists. duh.
Scientology is an Illuminati plot to distract conspiracy theorists away from themselves. It's really quite clever and working well.
Preest

Post by Preest »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Yx-RhHb4g

Be afraid... Be very afraid...

This bitch has even less of an idea of what the fuck is going on or what to do about it then I do. In any other country on earth both her and McCain (for picking her) would be laughed out of politics.

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Daiji

Post by Daiji »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glrnb_G34E4

In an effort to show both parties.
Always with the guild at heart.
--Daiji