Politics: Or other things that don't matter

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.

Who do you want to win in November?

You may select 1 option

View results

fonebone

Post by fonebone »

Ok, for my voteing efforts this year I struck a low. not one of my guys that I voted for got in. Congrats to Obama, he won, he will be our new president and I will support that effort hopefully with out too much bitching but, I am sure I can find stuff if I really look for it. so lets see how he does.

I wasn't really looking just someone else with some extra time on his hands but, I was interested in this. Also to be fair I some of the questions wrong but, not as many as I was seeing in this poll here. this, is scary.

here is some fuel: http://howobamagotelected.com/

let the fire burn!!!
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

fonebone wrote:People who voted for Obama stuff

ascanius wrote:the elite rule through the apathy of the masses
This is nothing new, most voters choose based on the things they see on TV. We all know the TV is an awesome place for not finding decent information (for the most part). The same idea of dumb voters goes for both McCain and Obama voters. I'm sure McCain would have lost a lot of his voting base if it were more well known that he cheated on, and then left his wife and children for a younger, richer, woman. I doubt most McCain voters could give me an accurate account of how he voted in the Senate, or how long he was even in the Senate.

The only issue I have is that people might not give Obama the respect he deserves. He is our future Commander-in-Chief, and should be afforded all consideration and recognition afforded by that office.
fonebone

Post by fonebone »

ascanius wrote:This is nothing new, most voters choose based on the things they see on TV. We all know the TV is an awesome place for not finding decent information (for the most part). The same idea of dumb voters goes for both McCain and Obama voters. I'm sure McCain would have lost a lot of his voting base if it were more well known that he cheated on, and then left his wife and children for a younger, richer, woman. I doubt most McCain voters could give me an accurate account of how he voted in the Senate, or how long he was even in the Senate.

The only issue I have is that people might not give Obama the respect he deserves. He is our future Commander-in-Chief, and should be afforded all consideration and recognition afforded by that office.
absolutly. I agree. it was just scary to see that.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
Phire

Post by Phire »

It was a popularity contest for the masses. One side spent more money on ads, had a more eloquent speaker and had more media support than the other. The outcome was obvious.

The fact that so many people in this nation go and vote without actually understanding any of the politics is both unchanged and sad.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

There's no reason to believe Obama won't be given every bit as much respect if not more than was afforded Bush. It's just that I'm not sure respect is the right word for it. Do you think there will ever be a ballot initiative to name a waste water treatment plant after Obama?
Vote Yes on No!
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Antilikos wrote:Anyone have predictions on the first lies the next president will have told us?

My predictions:

Obama: How the hell was I able to predict a $900B deficit for 2009? Of course I'll need to raise your taxes. Get used to it.

McCain: How the hell was I able to predict a $900B deficit for 2009? No way in hell can I reform healthcare. Get used to it.

Anyone else?
I had to dig this up to see how close my predictions were. Sadly, the deficit is projected to be over $1,800B for 2009. Well, at least I was within $1T.
Vote Yes on No!
Ander

Post by Ander »

Zomehbleep Anti has resurrected the politics thread... everybody hide!

-Ander
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Antilikos wrote:I had to dig this up to see how close my predictions were. Sadly, the deficit is projected to be over $1,800B for 2009. Well, at least I was within $1T.
Its easier to deal with inflation over the short/medium run than deflation. What worries me is long-term debt and the possibility of the Chinese wanting to fuck with us by dropping our currency like its hot (due to inflation caused depreciation and a newfound Napoleon complex).

What really makes me wonder is why Palin quit. My only reasoning is that either she was forced out by an impending scandal (I doubt she did anything illegal; perhaps family trouble which should be out of public domain), or she thought avoiding more lawsuits by quitting was a good thing to do. Wither way, I would think her chances of putting together a successful '12 bid for the Presidency is pretty much nil now.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

I don't think China will drop our securities very easily. They are one of the safer investments going and they own so much that even slowing down how much they buy will hurt their investment. For now they like the fact that Chinese goods are still cheap for us and they need a place to put all their ill gotten gains. I'm sure that will change at some point.

I think Palin quit because she can make multi-millions not being gov and the nuisance ethics investigations were getting expensive. I would prefer she goes the path of Oprah and stays off any future ballots.
Vote Yes on No!
Phire

Post by Phire »

I believe Palin quit because her family's financial burden from numerous frivolous ethic complaint lawsuits was too heavy. Hooray for freedom of speech; bullshit to lawsuits for political agenda. I was happy to have her as Gov, but I hope she stays of any larger platforms for now.