Wrath of the Lich King

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Atelo

Wrath of the Lich King

Post by Atelo »

Riding Crops now enchant your mount to do 10% speed increase, no more equipping trinkets! I think we might need to stock up on riding crops, every mount will need an enchant it looks like.

I'll post some screenshots of the new areas soon.
roina

Post by roina »

Ah that's so much better than having to swap out trinkets. Don't think i'll sign back up to do that though hehe, but then again one never knows.
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

I'll probably give the game another go come expansion, but I'm just too busy for the same old content. One of the better results of the BC was a total leveling of the playing field, gear and content wise, and that's definitely a draw considering how fast some guilds are progressing. It will also be interesting to see what new talents and spells await.
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

one thing that bothers me about riding enchants is the following :

WOW IS GAY WOW IS GAY WOW IS GAY WOW IS GAY WOW IS GAY WOW IS GAY WOW IS GAY.
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
roina

Post by roina »

This just in...Pez the Jared of anti-WoW playing. Slogans such as: "If you stop playing WoW, you're still not as gay as Pez and his foot-long cravings" or "WoW! I love foot-longs, but I'm not gay cause I don't play WoW".

I almost think Pez secretly sneaks on to an unknown toon of his to fulfill his hidden addiction to the game.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

roina wrote:This just in...Pez the Jared of anti-WoW playing. Slogans such as: "If you stop playing WoW, you're still not as gay as Pez and his foot-long cravings" or "WoW! I love foot-longs, but I'm not gay cause I don't play WoW".

I almost think Pez secretly sneaks on to an unknown toon of his to fulfill his hidden addiction to the game.
He used to log in to my other account, has a level 21 draeni shaman there.

As for talents, if there aren't any posts about it on other boards, I can list some mage talents and shit, but there is no NDA (non disclosure agreement) for this beta, so I would think it's all available.
Fumadyen

Post by Fumadyen »

go to wotlkwiki.com
they have most of the new talaents there already
Any guy can be a father. But it takes a real man to be a dad.

"God does not exists. He is a being itself beyond essence and existence. Therefore, to argue that God exists is to deny Him"

+1 Post for Fum

ImageImage
hachi

Post by hachi »

From what I hear, they are looking at changing this back- or modifying it so that you wont need to do one for each mount.

Lots of people use multiple mounts and the random mount macro. None of them wants to buy a crop for each mount.

Obviously, this is still the early beta time and things could change very quickly.
Desari

Post by Desari »

In as much as it'd be a pain in the ass to get riding crop enchants for each mount, I can't see Blizzard making it all too easy by having one crop for you entire mount collection.

Blizzard needs some way for us to spend more time in the game.
For that to happen, you'd have to farm the gold o buy primals for the Primal Might and such or farm the mats themselves.
All of which is time-consuming; which is ultimately what Blizzards wants us to to -- spend more time in the game. I'm sure I'm wrong with this statement, but I doubt Blizzard would make it too convenient to have one crop to enchant/rule them all.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the paladin hour-long buffs and raid-wide auras. If I read it correctly, although the auras will be raid-wide (no more re-arranging paladins into groups for Imp. Devo, Concentration, etc), it'll be only applied if you're not only in range, but in line of sight?

NB: Source - Wowhead WotLK Beta Patch Notes. I know there's other resources out there, but really, this is the only one I took the time to read. :P
:+: Dez :+:

Atelo

Post by Atelo »

hachi wrote:From what I hear, they are looking at changing this back- or modifying it so that you wont need to do one for each mount.

Lots of people use multiple mounts and the random mount macro. None of them wants to buy a crop for each mount.

Obviously, this is still the early beta time and things could change very quickly.
Yeah, things could change easily. I don't see much of a problem enchanting every mount myself. They could always reduce the mats for the riding crop to accommodate it. The other possibility is that one enchant on one mount in your inventory would increase all mount speeds. That's actually what it looks like at the moment, but I haven't tested it.