Place to Eat In Sacramento?

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Punji

Place to Eat In Sacramento?

Post by Punji »

Any Suggestions? Flying over there this weekend to check out the new house, area and do some final best buy shopping.

Looking for some suggestions of a place maybe to take my mom to dinner.

thanks!

And no, I cannot take my mom to In-N-Out.
Please don't delete my post again...
hachi

Post by hachi »

There's a good Thai place in Elk Grove called Thai Chili, honestly this is probably the best food experience Ive had in Sac over the last 6 months of trying to find stuff. There's the Asian market area over on Stockton (street? ave? I dunno.. I think you mentioned that your mom was in that area, so you should be ok). Other than that...There are the reliable, good but never spectacluar Morton's/Ruth Chris' steak places, Cheesecake factory and chain type stuff. Everything seems pretty meh to me. Granted, Im a foodie and Im pretty spoiled in the Bay Area.

Id love to know if anyone has more ideas.

btw. DONT GO TO LEMONGRASS. Some people will tell you that it's good upscale Asian. Dont believe them. Your mom will slap you if you tell her that she's getting Vietnamese food and you bring her there. Overpriced, boring, gringoized asian food that seemed to cater to the mindless cattle that think taco bell is authentic mexican food.
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

That bs Hachi it is authentic mexican. The nearest Taco Bell to me exclusively employs Mexicans. Thankfully the one that takes the orders speaks Spanglish.
Antonius

Post by Antonius »

I'm going up to Elk Grove at the end of January as well!

Please tell me there are plenty of Taco Bells. I don't like to hunt for them...I like to be surrounded.
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Antonius wrote:I'm going up to Elk Grove at the end of January as well!

Please tell me there are plenty of Taco Bells. I don't like to hunt for them...I like to be surrounded.
like parts of so cal?.. you can't walk a mile without passing 3?
And gone.
Bees

Post by Bees »

hachi wrote:Overpriced, boring, gringoized asian food that seemed to cater to the mindless cattle that think taco bell is authentic mexican food.
<3 taco bell. mmm, tasty food product
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Forbes magazine had a top ten list of the cleanest and dirtiest fast places a while back (Yeah, Forbes magazine. That's how I roll.). Taco Bell was the cleanest, Jack in the Box was the dirtiest. The grossest (personally) was Fat Burger in Las Vegas. I was drunk and didn't eat the fires or finish my burger. That is saying a lot, seeing as how I'm a hungry hungry hippo drunk.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I wouldn't eat the fires either.
hachi

Post by hachi »

I like to stand in fire.
Bees

Post by Bees »

hachi wrote:I like to stand in fire.
i remember alar too :D