win32.agent

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Lebec

Post by Lebec »

This is what I usually do. Get theSophos emergency repair disk. You get the savcli.exe file and then all of the ide's (virus defs) and put it all on a cd. Boot into safemode with command prompt and run this line from the d drive

SAV32CLI -REMOVE -P=C:\REMOVLOG.TXT

Eh...read the whole page that I linked to make sure you understand...but in a nutshell it will remove any files that are infected.

After you do that run malwarebytes.

If this doesn't work, you're prolly gonna have to reload the bitch.
All of the sudden the reporters in the room got that "deer in headlights" stare....
fonebone

Post by fonebone »

create a boot disk of bartpe (windows live) and make sure you have an updated antivirus and if you want ad-aware as well. run them from the windows live cd and they should be able to remove the virus.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
Eadres

Post by Eadres »

If this happened to me I'd just remove the affected program, enter time machine and restore the program to a time before the infection. In less than 5 minutes.

Edit: I wouldn't remove the program, but just restore it.
Bigbui

Post by Bigbui »

haha. You guys are awesome. I think i'm goingto reload the bitch. Everyone I talked to said i'm screw.

Pez, it just keeps searching for a site and then says can not find page. I loaded firefox and it does the same thing. All my active x controls are nuked.
Ander

Post by Ander »

I have a 3 step solution that works every time:

Step 1: Cut a hole in a box.

Step 2: Put your junk in that box.

Step 3: Make your girl open the box.

Your welcome.

-Ander

P.S. For Biggs substitute "box" for tent and "your girl" for Shadowrage.
Lebec

Post by Lebec »

Oh yea try system restore also if you haven't reloaded yet. It should be enabled by default, so you just need to send your system state back to a point before the virii was acquired. I believe it's in start>programs>accessories>system>system restore.
All of the sudden the reporters in the room got that "deer in headlights" stare....
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

that's a problem with virus/malware infections. Sometimes you need a second computer just to get to the fixes.

I'd suggest looking into the host file and seeing if that's the issue also before you do anything more drastic.
And gone.
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Ander wrote:I have a 3 step solution that works every time:

Step 1: Cut a hole in a box.

Step 2: Put your junk in that box.

Step 3: Make your girl open the box.

Your welcome.

-Ander

P.S. For Biggs substitute "box" for tent and "your girl" for Shadowrage.

LOL

Worked on me more times then I can count...

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]