Blizzcon spoilers

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Gusai wrote:I like the sound of the changes, I'll be playing my hunter more fo sure.
Do you have any idea what the changes mean? They're changing mana to focus. What does that mean? Are you going to have to manage your focus like a rogue? Will it be similar to mana but just called focus? Will you still need aspect of the viper? How much focus will you have? Will it last as long as a current mana pool or will you run out quickly like a rogue?

If you have focus instead of mana, does this mean your replenishment talents will be gone? Will you give energy to rogues instead of casters now?

If this detailed info is out there and you've read it and like it, great, but if there isn't this detailed info out there, the class could totally suck and you'd never know it and you're all excited over these changes for nothing.

It's like saying rogues will now have mana. I LIKE IT!
hachi

Post by hachi »

Focus will be an energy-like (rogue like) system. Aspect of the viper will either be drastically changed or deleted, it hasnt been decided yet. Energy management will be exactly like it is for rogues- should I pool and blow it all with cooldowns or keep up a steady stream? Yes. =).

Talent trees for ALL classes are changing drasmatically so the energy/mana regen talents will obviously be included. There is no class that will not have big changes to their trees. The idea is to take the passive talents and use mastery to keep them while allowing us to take more "interesting" talents which dont directly affect our tanking/dps/healing (could be interrupts or side-effects or other things that we currently bypass to minmax our primary functions)

In short, hunters dont really need to worry.... at least not any more than any other class. Sure, it will be a change, but with all the gear changes and talent changes, this will just be a small part of it.

I was serious when I said that it was 'duly noted' btw.. that wasnt a smart ass remark. I really did pass it along to some friends that there were some hunters that didnt seem thrilled with the change. Everything that we had seen pointed to everyone being thrilled.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

Atelo chill out, the info that was there already said roughly how focus would work.
I know it's going to evolve and get tweaked over and over I am sure before things are launched.

The info I read said focus would be like rogue energy, it will regenerate naturally like I have already said. It will be roughly at a rate a little less faster than rogue energy regenerates. They have stated that Aspect of the Viper will probably become obsolete and dropped, and other talents will have to be re-costed etc. Alot of cooldowns will also be dropped as more talents become available to use at any time, it will force the hunter to manage their abilities a little better.

Personally, I'm not a player that likes mana-reliant classes, that's why the classes I have played to a decent level are the rogue, DK, and warrior. The hunter was my first class and the time I made him obviously I had no idea what end game raiding would entail with regards to mana regen etc. I've never liked having to rely on it to fire an arrow... I like the idea of focus far more.

Just my two cents.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Gusai wrote:Atelo chill out, the info that was there already said roughly how focus would work.
Asking questions != freaking out.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

:)

Well hopefully some of that info answers your questions yea, things will probably be very different, but I stopped playing the hunter because I grew bored of the class, so hopefully this will inject something into the hunter that will keep me playing him, but as I said, I will be playing my hunter more fo sure, whether I keep it up with him or not, who knows.

But the sound of things, I am excited about their ideas.

Thas all I meant.
Bees

Post by Bees »

the bigger change from my perspective is having less specials and using them less often. my main rotation right now has 9 abilities, and has been getting longer with each patch. i welcome some simplification there.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Bees wrote:the bigger change from my perspective is having less specials and using them less often. my main rotation right now has 9 abilities, and has been getting longer with each patch. i welcome some simplification there.
Wouldn't you find that boring?

I don't know about you but when I play Fire Spec, I spam fireballs, every 30 seconds I refresh Scorch and Living Bomb, every now and then I get a Pyroblast proc and that's it... No other abilities. That's 4 abilities and it's boring as shit.

FFB Spec gives me the same thing except I can also pop cooldowns! (Fire has none). This make it slightly more fun.

Arcane gives me a complex rotation of 3 abilities with 2 cooldowns and difficult mana management. I find it 10x more fun than the other two, even if it doesn't do quite as much dps. I find it challenging. I did the simple thing in MC and BWL when all I did was spam Frostbolts for 5 hours a day. (How do you think I came to lead raids? I wasn't doing anything else...)
Antonius

Post by Antonius »

All of you should just roll Prot Warriors!
Bees

Post by Bees »

i'd rather have a main rotation of around 5 abilities so that i could actually do other things (trap, MD, RL) without sacrificing so much DPS. requires too much concentration just to hit the rotation at the moment.
Punji

Post by Punji »

Bees wrote:i'd rather have a main rotation of around 5 abilities so that i could actually do other things (trap, MD, RL) without sacrificing so much DPS. requires too much concentration just to hit the rotation at the moment.
So what your saying, you would not prefer the druid dps flow chart?

Please don't delete my post again...