Blizzcon spoilers

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

As far as I know, it's not even in testing yet (ie alpha/beta). If I remember correctly they tested BC/Lich King alot longer than a couple months before it was released. I highly doubt it is the new expansion your buddy was talking about. Probably SC2 like someone else mentioned.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Also, as I recall Amazon had pre-sales available something like 6 months prior to release for the other expansions.
Vote Yes on No!
hachi

Post by hachi »

godpigeon wrote:Actually the "fix" for that... is related to the new LFG cross server system.
to clarify that, the new cross server stuff was the REASON for the 'new instances cannot be spawned' issues. The code is all written and in-game already. They are just waiting to flip the switch. Eventually, you will even be able to raid with people from other servers.

There are so many things that I am excited about. Guild levelling and speccing is going to be amazing. ARchaeology, new path of titans stuff.

Im running on very little sleep from the last few days... must sleep soon.
hachi

Post by hachi »

Tord wrote:As far as I know, it's not even in testing yet (ie alpha/beta). If I remember correctly they tested BC/Lich King alot longer than a couple months before it was released. I highly doubt it is the new expansion your buddy was talking about. Probably SC2 like someone else mentioned.
cataclysm will not be released this holiday season. we havent even had the icecrown content patch yet, releasing an xpac that close to such a major content patch would be ridiculous.

cataclysm should be a holiday 2010 release. I dont recall anything about a holiday 2009 release... I think sc2 is a qtr 1 2010 release- but Ive been wrong before.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

hachi wrote:cataclysm will not be released this holiday season. we havent even had the icecrown content patch yet, releasing an xpac that close to such a major content patch would be ridiculous.

cataclysm should be a holiday 2010 release. I dont recall anything about a holiday 2009 release... I think sc2 is a qtr 1 2010 release- but Ive been wrong before.
Blizz said an xpac will be released every 2 years, WotLK will be out 1 year in November I think? So we have another year of content patches before another xpac. Anything listed about game mechanics I wouldn't believe until it comes directly from alpha or beta. Anything listed now is probably made up (which happens very frequently). Especially considering these mechanics changes are major changes to how the game is played. It's one thing to tweak abilities, it's another to totally change the class.
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

hachi wrote:to clarify that, the new cross server stuff was the REASON for the 'new instances cannot be spawned' issues. The code is all written and in-game already. They are just waiting to flip the switch. Eventually, you will even be able to raid with people from other servers.

There are so many things that I am excited about. Guild levelling and speccing is going to be amazing. ARchaeology, new path of titans stuff.

Im running on very little sleep from the last few days... must sleep soon.
I saw that announcement and what they said was "too many people wanting to" (because of the change in emblems) and that the fix that's on some servers is related to this new cross LFG.
And gone.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I just watched the trailer for the first time and they said specifically "while the battle with the lich king rages on..." which implies this expansion will come out before the Lich King himself. It's kind of weird to have a "Wrath of the Lich King" expansion and then not add the Lich King encounter, but I guess they decided to save their best storyline for last.

It looks really cool, but I still take anything about game mechanics with a grain of salt until it's in beta.
Bees

Post by Bees »

Atelo wrote:I just watched the trailer for the first time and they said specifically "while the battle with the lich king rages on..." which implies this expansion will come out before the Lich King himself.
I figured that was the case too. Makes a change from the formula of:

* big world-ending threat appears
* horde/alliance save the world
* repeat

Which is pretty ridiculous when you think about it; every raid instance has had the same storyline :D
Ander

Post by Ander »

Bees wrote:I figured that was the case too. Makes a change from the formula of:

* big world-ending threat appears
* horde/alliance save the world
* repeat

Which is pretty ridiculous when you think about it; every raid instance has had the same storyline :D
Agreed.

-Ander
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Ander wrote:Agreed.

-Ander
Nerds!

Actually, the thought of it is cool. Still won't make me play again though :P
Call me Ron