Blizzcon spoilers

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
hachi

Post by hachi »

To be fair, would you really want to play a "hero" that had no world to save? There have to be epic threats to make it worth playing.

I stand by my thoughts that Arthas will be dead months before the cataclysm occurs.
Ander

Post by Ander »

I just think the storylines could be a little more interesting but it's not like anyone plays WoW for the story anyway so.. meh.

-Ander
Batyr

Post by Batyr »

During the dungeon panel they confirmed we fight arthas. They specifically described the encounter. They also promised a movie a la wrath gate after we "defeat" arthas. The also mentioned they don't want to just kill him like illidan, so he can live on. They also specifically said we don't get frostmourne since it will devour our soul. We get some axe instead. All I hope is they keep arthas evil and not redeem him some how.
Bees

Post by Bees »

hachi wrote:To be fair, would you really want to play a "hero" that had no world to save? There have to be epic threats to make it worth playing.
oh, i totally agree. i think they shouldn't be so easy to overcome and then get forgotten about :)
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

There is a legendary Axe for Death Knights and Hunters.

The change to hunters is interesting, no more relying on Mana, they describe their new 'focus' as a source similar to Energy for Rogues, it regenerates naturally. Lots of changes to their abilities and ammo... but we knew that was coming.

As for the release date, I'm not saying I believe what my friend ws saying, and most likely it will be delayed, all I am saying is that they had reserved time at the beginning of December for a big WoW launch. AS for SC2, it is delayed until sometime next spring from what I hear... but I am just rumouring mongering. Things that make you go hmmmm...

It looks cool and I'm looking forwarding to revisiting old instances.... like Ony's Lair coming up.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I don't understand why they are changing hunters so profoundly (if they are indeed doing so and it isn't a hoax). Some people may no longer enjoy playing the class that they have been playing for nearly 5 years.

Personally I'm not looking forward to revisiting old content. If they completely change Onyxia for example and give her new abilities and an entirely new strat, maybe I'll go back. If she's exactly the same old shit just tuned for level 85, I won't be interested in going very often.
hachi

Post by hachi »

every hunter I know is really excited about the change.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

hachi wrote:every hunter I know is really excited about the change.
Ameerah isn't. She feels they are changing how the class is played, she did not roll a ranged rogue, she rolled a hunter that had mana. It remains to be seen if the changes will work to her liking.
hachi

Post by hachi »

duly noted.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

I like the sound of the changes, I'll be playing my hunter more fo sure.