Help Por Favor!!

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Sheep :)

Help Por Favor!!

Post by Sheep :) »

So my cpu has been pissing me off lately, im blue screening all the fucking time and i'm about to blow the thing up. I looked up the error message and stop error but i'm not too big on understanding computer jargen so if anyone could help me out I will love you forever.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1
fritter

Post by fritter »

i say try this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817789

but i think it might be bad memory you should probably check it too
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

I hear ya Sheep, crashes are pissing me off as well, not as bad as your blue screens, but WoW keeps having critical errors on my desktop all the time. On Tuesday, it was nice, I actually didn't have one, and I thought maybe they had magically gone away, but Wed, I had a few happen.

I think Atelo may be right though; that, in my case it may be bad memory causing the errors, or possibly the hard drive, but when repairs and memory checks, everything seems to be ok.

At any rate, I think my top priorities are replacing the memory and possibly follow Atelo's guide, and invest in a SSD.
Money is tight these days for me, so I'm going to probably have to wait until a big fat tax refund check comes in.

Here's hoping the gov't comes through for me. :)
Bleeds

Post by Bleeds »

I vote for bad hard drive. Time to re-format the drive and re-install OS if you can't get a new HD ... but the error may just return if the HD is going bad. Something similar happened to me and I fixed it w/ a new HD.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

I've done the re-install of the OS, didn't go so well... don't want to have to do that again any time soon, unless it is on a new HD.

Like I said, judging by Atelo's words of winsdom, SSD is the way to go. I also want to get a SSD for my laptop...
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I don't recommend a regular person using an SSD. It does require some technical know-how and tweaking to set up and maintain.

I also don't recommend using an SSD by itself. You need to complement it with a regular "spinner" hard drive for storage and frequent access.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

REGULAR? regular? Oh you must mean Bleeds...