San Diego, CA

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Sure do Atelo!
Attachments
P1010960 (Medium).JPG
Call me Ron
Ameerah

Post by Ameerah »

What a gorgeous couple!! Nice photo guys :)
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

There's definitely good surfing in the SD area, but you might want to wait until the waters warming up again to go out. Plus the great whites are in your area during the winter. On the bright side, you can probably pick a board and wetsuit cheap at Costco. If you aren't familiar with Costco, go there and get a membership. Mostly bulk products, but they have tons of home and office stuff for cheap.

There's a good brewery/pizza chain called Pizza Port you should check out. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of local mexican joints, but California style nachos/burritos are definitely not California style. I mean, nachos/burritos made with french fries are tasty (though you won't find it up north), but give me a huge SF mission style burrito over that any day.

Balboa Park is a great place to kill an afternoon, especially if you play frisbee/disc golf. Mostly stoners, but its a fun way to kill some time and get outdoors. The only time I've seen someone make a hole in one was there, and it was a par 5 to boot.

Its too bad you missed the summer (though it was unusually cold/overcast this year), but if you like it so far it should only get better for you two.
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Costco is like Sam's Club. They basically go to the makers of things and go "give it to us at this price, or we won't sell it"... and it works for most things.

Also most mainstream "mexican food" is tex-mex... though you will find little "hole in the wall" taco shops that can kick ass :D
And gone.