What is the BEST part about Raiding? or.. What is the WORST Part of Raiding?

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Desari wrote:Not the entirety of it. But some. ;) (Notably the loot-whore part :P)
You think you were a loot whore? If I recall, you got upset about the legendary fragments in Ulduar because you didn't approve of who got them first. Loot whores are the ones who demand, imply or whine that they should get an item over someone else. I don't think that applied to you. I know you can recall a couple of people who did do that though.
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Desari wrote:Not the entirety of it. But some. ;) (Notably the loot-whore part :P)
You were definitely a loot whore. Check out that Giantstalker set!
Atelo wrote:You think you were a loot whore? If I recall, you got upset about the legendary fragments in Ulduar because you didn't approve of who got them first. Loot whores are the ones who demand, imply or whine that they should get an item over someone else. I don't think that applied to you. I know you can recall a couple of people who did do that though.
I was definitely a loot whore.

No, but loot was definitely an issue when almost everything was class specific with low drop rates. Whole classes and similar groups (Warlocks/mages specifically prior to offspecs being viable/wanted) could go a long time without seeing anything.

I still feel bad about ditching The Eternal (or was it still Timeless?) when the BDF transfers opened. You gave me a chance at joining your guild, and I bailed before I finished my trial without saying anything. I think I may even have looted and scooted. It was also a dumb decision I regretted a lot. BDF was a lame server, and I missed Lish. Then again, Menndo was my BFF.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

ascanius wrote: I still feel bad about ditching The Eternal (or was it still Timeless?) when the BDF transfers opened. You gave me a chance at joining your guild, and I bailed before I finished my trial without saying anything. I think I may even have looted and scooted. It was also a dumb decision I regretted a lot. BDF was a lame server, and I missed Lish. Then again, Menndo was my BFF.
It was definitely Timeless back then. I remember it well. You weren't the only one. We had a few of our initiates leave for that server along with a few core raiders such as Sigh (warrior) and Lhys (warlock). Luckily we recovered and continued though. Not all guilds survived that.

The whole BDF thing was pretty lame. Free transfers for ... what was that guild? Fires of Heaven?
Desari

Post by Desari »

Atelo wrote:It was definitely Timeless back then. I remember it well. You weren't the only one. We had a few of our initiates leave for that server along with a few core raiders such as Sigh (warrior) and Lhys (warlock). Luckily we recovered and continued though. Not all guilds survived that.
lol. That era of the server should be called: "The Dark Ages of Hyjal".
Atelo wrote: The whole BDF thing was pretty lame. Free transfers for ... what was that guild? Fires of Heaven?
Yep, indeed it was FoH. I never did take a liking to them. But then again, I wasn't a big fan of FA back then too. :P
:+: Dez :+: