Starcraft II Tomorrow

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Tord wrote:Wow, I don't know what to say....just wow, pretty sad when a NEW game can run the well on basically 8+ year old hardware (excluding the graphics card, although even that I would consider pretty old)
That's what I'm talking about. It must look pretty cartoony like WoW.
Punji

Post by Punji »

Moonde wrote:Moonde 530
Punji 692
Please don't delete my post again...
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/201 ... amerates/1

Strikes me as a really weird bug to make it to a released game.
Call me Ron
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

Dartagn wrote:http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/201 ... amerates/1

Wow. ummm... whoops! Only thing I can think is they didn't spend much time in QA at the login screen, figuring the bugs would be in the game code itself...
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Dartagn wrote:http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/201 ... amerates/1

Not so much a bug as a lack of a setting. It isn't really blizzard's fault though, this is likely only happening to people who never clean their computers.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Goodgnome wrote:Wow. ummm... whoops! Only thing I can think is they didn't spend much time in QA at the login screen, figuring the bugs would be in the game code itself...
But it must be the most well-drawn login screen in the world.
Atelo wrote:Not so much a bug as a lack of a setting. It isn't really blizzard's fault though, this is likely only happening to people who never clean their computers.
I would expect that at least some of the beta-testers had badly maintained PCs. (Dust is the #1 killer of course.)

That, and you would think that it would be a "known" thing to do with login and options screens after all these years of making games. Just funny a simple bug lasted that long.
Call me Ron
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Dartagn wrote:But it must be the most well-drawn login screen in the world.

I would expect that at least some of the beta-testers had badly maintained PCs. (Dust is the #1 killer of course.)

That, and you would think that it would be a "known" thing to do with login and options screens after all these years of making games. Just funny a simple bug lasted that long.
Yeah, but we also think after 5 years, they'd have learned how to apply a patch in WoW. To this day, patch day is still riddled with problems, extra long maintenance, world server crashing, instance server crashing, UI problems, random disconnects, broken mods.. you name it.
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

Seems pretty stupid to me. Even with a poorly maintained machine you would have to sit at that login screen a long time for it to really do any damage.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Tord wrote:Seems pretty stupid to me. Even with a poorly maintained machine you would have to sit at that login screen a long time for it to really do any damage.
I don't know about other people and starcraft but I frequently leave my WoW screen at character selection which gets booted to login screen after a while. I come back a few hours later realizing I left it on.
Desari

Post by Desari »

Dezari 741
:+: Dez :+: